The Great Screwdriver Discussion of 2024

I still want a good set of flat and phillips so open to suggestions. I do like the ones that have the ability to put a wrench/spanner to them.
Vessel PowerGrip 4500-series! They comply with the JIS standard as well as the ISO standard.

Last edited:
Wiha makes great tools. I store my drivers in a drawer. One thing I don't like is the large diameter handles. Makes them hard to store.

IMHO the name in screwdrivers is Wiha. used crapsman for years cause of free replacement at sears. Got a Wiha and what an improvement!

At the recommendation of someone here in the forum, I got a set of those for any electrical work only...

These: https://a.co/d/5h5prar

Wiha Insulated Screwdrivers.jpg

But I do not use them for anything that is not electrical related... Reason for looking for something more heavy-duty...

Vessel PowerGrip 4500-series! Complies with the JIS standard as well as the ISO standard.

Nice!! Any experience with those?

Klein screwdrivers are pretty good quality for the money. I suspect some of the boutique brands might be better (but more $$$$) and have not tried them. Home Depot seems to be thinning out their Klein line, and has some stuff on sale right now.

@wachuko Also check out Bahco Ergo -series! My dad swears by these and there are some bolster versions available.

The rubber grips on these are insanely good, I just personally find rubber grips tedious to keep clean and for that sole reason prefer acetate handles on my tools.

@wachuko Also check out Bahco Ergo -series! My dad swears by these and there are some bolster versions available.

The rubber grips on these are insanely good, I just personally find rubber grips tedious to keep clean and for that sole reason prefer acetate handles on my tools.
Same here, not too thrilled about rubber grips...

Same here, not too thrilled about rubber grips...
Then the Vessel 4500-series is a superb choice.

Gisuke has screwdrivers nearly identical to these. I suspect they are made by Vessel, but I cannot say for sure.

Back