Show me where you keep your milling / lathe tools!

Well, yeah in grade school the nuns made us use fountain pens while learning cursive! (He says showing is advancing age....) And the typewriter is a IBM Selectric, and early one best I can tell. There is one obviously broken part in it for which I found a replacement on Ebay. Now I just gotta figure out how to install it....
I thought it was an early IBM selectric. pretty stout machines.

Bunch of Rousseau cabinets for milking machine and drill. Lathe in Lista by the lathe. Smallish garage - so I make due.

Attachments

• IMG_4129.jpeg
    IMG_4129.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3437.jpeg
    IMG_3437.jpeg
    531.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3436.jpeg
    IMG_3436.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3435.jpeg
    IMG_3435.jpeg
    699.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3434.jpeg
    IMG_3434.jpeg
    632.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3433.jpeg
    IMG_3433.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4136.jpeg
    IMG_4136.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4138.png
    IMG_4138.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4135.jpeg
    IMG_4135.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4134.jpeg
    IMG_4134.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4133.jpeg
    IMG_4133.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4132.jpeg
    IMG_4132.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4131.jpeg
    IMG_4131.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4130.jpeg
    IMG_4130.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 59
Well, yeah in grade school the nuns made us use fountain pens while learning cursive! (He says showing is advancing age....) And the typewriter is a IBM Selectric, and early one best I can tell. There is one obviously broken part in it for which I found a replacement on Ebay. Now I just gotta figure out how to install it....
Maybe ask the eBay seller, he had to get it out of there somehow unless it's NOS.

JOhn

Bunch of Rousseau cabinets for milking machine and drill. Lathe in Lista by the lathe. Smallish garage - so I make due.

That’s a really nicely organised setup you have there.

I’ve been convinced by all of the pictures of organised tool chests on this thread that that’s what I need. I have a 6 draw tool chest at the moment and have another smaller benchtop tool chest on order as well as some draw organising tubs. I’ll post some pics when I have it all sorted and figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW

I built a couple of mobile tool storage cabinets from hard and soft wood scavenged from the skid and pallet that Matt so kindly supplied with my lathe.

This one has fold-up shelves -- providing more area to clutter up.
Mobile Cabinet.jpg
Lots of room for collets.
.Collet Storage (1).jpg
This one is also mobile, but pretty much stays in one place.
Semi-Mobil Cabinet.jpg

FWIW

I built a couple of mobile tool storage cabinets from hard and soft wood scavenged from the skid and pallet that Matt so kindly supplied with my lathe.

View attachment 470443
.View attachment 470444
View attachment 470445

Wow that’s nice. That’s some very neat collet storage you have there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW

View attachment 470443
.View attachment 470444
View attachment 470445

We have a "You Suck!" banner for guys that score a deal.
Is it appropriate to use for work made from scrap done by members that exceeds what we would have the patience to do by such a large margin that it isn't even feasible? Because, in that case, these toolboxes would really suck.

We have a "You Suck!" banner for guys that score a deal.
Is it appropriate to use for work made from scrap done by members that exceeds what we would have the patience to do by such a large margin that it isn't even feasible? Because, in that case, these toolboxes would really suck.
Yes

very nice shots - question- are you rehabbing those 6 Wilton bullet vises? Holding them for ransom? Nice collection there but scratching head why they are on a light duty cart. I'm afraid it could fall over. I have an old 6" Wilton bullet just like those, was my dads. You can buy a Bridgeport for what a good bullet will bring on ebay.

Last edited:
Back