Sheldon 12 Inch Shaper I wasn't looking for, but found!!

Hey Andre- are you pulling my leg? Hah hah... Sam (GK1918) came up with a non-rotating lap and posted somewhere on HM, then earlier in this post! Hah hah.. and I asked what everyone thought of a rotating one!

If this many of us are coming to it (Thanks Sam!), then it sounds like something to do!

Bernie

Hey Andre- are you pulling my leg? Hah hah... Sam (GK1918) came up with a non-rotating lap and posted somewhere on HM, then earlier in this post! Hah hah.. and I asked what everyone thought of a rotating one!

If this many of us are coming to it (Thanks Sam!), then it sounds like something to do!

Bernie

No, I didn't read previous posts about a rotating lap (I did read about the non rotating lap). I guess we think alike :)

Thanks for the reminder CJ- I need to think of that clapper tilt more often when I am setting up cuts... Plus, I think I was so excited to pull that clutch lever and see it going that I didn't go back over everything! Hah..

I also forget, sometimes, to make sure the support foot is down at the end of the table hee hee

Bernie

Alexander Graham bell had to rush to the patent office with his idea for the phone because someone else had almost beat him to it- so I guess great minds think alike!

Bernie

I hope Im not the only one who made sound effects when the chips took off on the super slo mo!

Jake Parker

Jake- I made cool sounds while I was watching it in person, so I know what you mean!

Bernie

For the videos I just posted, I had just finished actually shimming the corners of the machine to prevent shimmy, as the ram alone weighs at least 100 lbs and is going back and forth at quite a clip.

I am trying to sort out the look of wobble in the slow-mo videos with the little point and shoot camera. I don't think it is the floor, but is perfectly possible considering it is standing right in front if the camera.

All that's left is to properly and officially level the whole machine and clean, clean, clean!

Bernie

You guys are sick ... but I like it.:lmao:

That being said I think Bernie sounds thrilled with the shaper. Hmmm, I think just stumbled on a 12" Sheldon for $250 .. should I think about buying even if I don't have the room?:whistle: Waiting for pics and may be starting my own thread, LOL.

Ed- YES.

You will be a happy clam! You can make room later! Hah hah!

And $250 is an absolute STEAL. yes. Start a new thread and post post post! 8)

Bernie

Ed- YES.

You will be a happy clam! You can make room later! Hah hah!

And $250 is an absolute STEAL. yes. Start a new thread and post post post! 8)

Bernie

That would be kind of neat, ironic, funny ... something like that ... three 12" shapers coming to the forum at basically the same time.

This add does not sound all that much different from the one you bought:
"came from a school shop many years ago. works well, only used a few times here in 20 years."

What a cool machine, and that flaking!

I wonder if you could make a motorized lapper with the shaper, have the lap rotate on a subspindle and move with the ram. Sorta like a blanchard grinder, but lapping not grinding.

Andre- that flaking is the exact reason I went to buy this thing... It is hard for me to pass up original flaking like that!

...plus, it is the perfect size for my shop- perfect meaning it is as big as I can fit! Hah hah

Bernie

Back