Sheldon 12 Inch Shaper I wasn't looking for, but found!!

Congratulations, Bernie... :)

Wow... !!! What a nice score..... I think that you have found the " Goldilocks " shaper.... not too big and not too small..... and in such fantastic condition.

I'm glad that the move went without a hitch, but I expected that it would, as you had everything well planned.

I am looking forward to more pics...

Here's a link to a brochure on the Sheldon shaper. There are two pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/skytop19/MISC/03r.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/skytop19/MISC/02r.jpg

Best regards... :)

Brian

Last edited:
I'm a TOTAL newb to machine tooling so forgive me but, I gotta ask.

What the heck does it do? It looks like a bad ass multi axis mill.

Aztoyman, serch youtube for "metal shaper". Be warned though, you may get bit by the "shaper bug"!:p

Jake Parker

I'm sure I would but, then I'd get bit BAD by a divorce lawyer!

I AIN'T GONNA YOU-TUBE IT!!! It'll be BAD!

They are certainly worth a youtube. I love watching them go. So mechanical in how it does what it does, and does it well. Like a steam engine running down a track.

This may be really incomplete, but they scrap metal. Just shave it right off best I can tell

They are certainly worth a youtube. I love watching them go. So mechanical in how it does what it does, and does it well. Like a steam engine running down a track.

This may be really incomplete, but they scrap metal. Just shave it right off best I can tell

They "lap it too"

112-1295_IMG.JPG

They "lap it too"

Sam, I canNOT wait to try this- what a great idea!
I wonder if I put a shaft down through to allow the lap to rotate while going back and forth? Hah hah hah... I love this shaper lapping idea you came up with!

Bernie

Hey Folks

No shots of it running yet, I'll need a few days for that-
BUT I couldn't help but visit and oil her up and crank the handles a few times hah hah...

... And this is what I found when I cranked the table all the way up:

ypa2ebas.jpg

qetu2yze.jpg

Man-oh-man, I'm a sucker for those flaking marks! 8)

I can't wait to wire this baby up! It won't take long, but I'm busy as a beaver!
I promise to shoot some video as soon as she's up and running

Bernie

Back