Pm935 Owners

Hey Bill I somehow missed the arrival of your new Mill. Congratulations, that is a beautiful looking mill. We are going to have to get some people to move out of Arizona before you get here so that you can mov all that iron down to Tucson!

That looked like a standard 9 lead, dual voltage motor. I couldn't read the tag well, but it seemed to be 220/380 Volt. You'll have to look on the data tag to see what the wiring diagram looks like. The normal U.S.A standard is L1-1,7 L2-2,8 L3-3,9 and 4,5,6 connected together for low voltage. I think that's what I could read in the picture, but not absolutely positive.

Hey Bill I somehow missed the arrival of your new Mill. Congratulations, that is a beautiful looking mill. We are going to have to get some people to move out of Arizona before you get here so that you can mov all that iron down to Tucson!

Hey Brooks, The thread title is a bit misleading in that I originally was just asking for some help with stand designs. Wasn't going to tell anyone that I bought yet another toy. Oh well. And no, I won't be needing a bunch of extra space for the toys when I come back to AZ (looking like the Queen Creek area now).

I'm going to be down to just the 1340 and 935 here shortly. I have a eager apprentice now whom I gave a good deal on the SB 8k and the PM25 to get him started in metalworking, and it looks like I may be helping out a friend with El Hefe in a few weeks. Going to kinda miss everybody. :( ;)

I'll post a few more pics and comments once we get this thing on it's stand (it's being built as we speak) and functional.

That looked like a standard 9 lead, dual voltage motor. I couldn't read the tag well, but it seemed to be 220/380 Volt. You'll have to look on the data tag to see what the wiring diagram looks like. The normal U.S.A standard is L1-1,7 L2-2,8 L3-3,9 and 4,5,6 connected together for low voltage. I think that's what I could read in the picture, but not absolutely positive.

Your right Jim. Here's the plate on the motor:

IMG_0661.jpg

According to PM, it's wired for 220 3-phase. So I'm thinking I can use the existing wire from the motor to the VFD and then make a cable out of my 12 ga. 4-wire to plug into the wall.

Sounds like it will work fine. :encourage: Just remember you don't need the neutral (normally white) in the 4 wire cable to the wall for the VFD.

Sounds like it will work fine. :encourage: Just remember you don't need the neutral (normally white) in the 4 wire cable to the wall for the VFD.

So just the two hots and chassis ground? (I'm a microprocessor guy...not an electrician :cautious: )

I believe I have a decent length of 3 wire cable laying around, we can swap it out for the 4 wire. I'll double check on that.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I believe I have a decent length of 3 wire cable laying around, we can swap it out for the 4 wire. I'll double check on that.
Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That would work too! :)

Back