Pm935 Owners

Nice job on the base. I like the concept and was going to do something similar but never followed thru. The extra width it takes up was kinda what I wanted to design out but never could find a good way. That and trying to keep it low profile as possible. Of course one could also point out that added footprint gives stability!
I found these on amazon and have them on my Tormach mill. 1,100# cap ea. GD-80 Used the caster function a few times already. Just another option.
29b28783ded935e50daa182773c2d14a.jpg

I was worried a little bit about the extra width - but in the end the width does not matter because the mill table sticks out further than the wheels do anyway. The casters are 6" diameter and are rated for something like 1200 pounds each. I can move the mill pretty easily myself just by grabbing two sides of the coolant tray on the base. It's a little unwieldy - sometimes I've got to move it back and forth a couple of times before the casters will roll easily because I think they take a "set" - but it pretty much worked out the way I hoped it would.

Those casters you've got are the same ones I have on my Stronghand welding table. They seem to be good - but I've found that their small diameter is a bit of a pain - I've got to be really careful that the floor is clean when I try to move the table - because the small diameter casters will get hung up on even small pieces of junk on the floor

Just a FYI for those 935TS owners who install a VFD: You might want to install some type of 'power on' indicator. The little control panel I installed on mine had a F/O/R switch, a pot, and a e-stop button, but no power indicator. After leaving my mill powered overnight a few times, I decided to fix the situation by installing an illuminated e-stop button. It glows bright red, so I'm not likely to miss it when powering down the shop. :)

IMG_0715.jpg

I did the same thing with my Lathe...... I really need to stop looking at these 935 post. Man i really want one

I did the same thing with my Lathe...... I really need to stop looking at these 935 post. Man i really want one

While officially I am not gonna encourage anyone to spend the $$$...
I will say if one gets a PM935 (TS or TV)...
They will certainly NOT regret it...
:grin:

Just a FYI for those 935TS owners who install a VFD: You might want to install some type of 'power on' indicator. The little control panel I installed on mine had a F/O/R switch, a pot, and a e-stop button, but no power indicator. After leaving my mill powered overnight a few times, I decided to fix the situation by installing an illuminated e-stop button. It glows bright red, so I'm not likely to miss it when powering down the shop. :)

View attachment 125816

I am sitting here trying to figure out where Bill got that colorful table cover accessory. I think Bill is subconsciously already in retirement picturing himself in his Bermuda shorts basking in the AZ sun versus chilly CO!

Hey, it's what the wife handed me when I asked for an old towel. :)

I think I am gonna do the garage sales this weekend...
And find a set of designer towels for covers in my shop...

Gotta stay in style you know...

:D

After all this I'm certainly not going to post a pic of the beautiful maroon heavy cotton sheet the wife got me to cover the lathe with... :rolleyes: :D

While officially I am not gonna encourage anyone to spend the $$$...
I will say if one gets a PM935 (TS or TV)...
They will certainly NOT regret it...
:grin:

^^Agreed.

And Bill, I wasn't going to say anything about the colorful "cover" but it looks like others said if for me. You are braver than I am, I couldn't have posted that picture, not with this group.:congratulate:

Mike.

Back