Pm935 Owners

You have that nice big panel on the side of the column. Maybe mount the VFD high on the panel, and punch a couple of conduit holes in the lower portion?

I thought about that, as I have two access panels on the left side of the column, but it would be a pain if I have to get to the front panel to change any parameters.

I thought about that, as I have two access panels on the left side of the column, but it would be a pain if I have to get to the front panel to change any parameters.

Once it's set up you will never have to change parameters again.

Once it's set up you will never have to change parameters again.

True...I just don't like the idea of this thing only attached to a sheet metal panel and sitting loose while I'm poking at it with my fingers. :eek:

I'll figure something out. Thanks for the ideas dude. :)

This thingie with the angled slot in it.
Bill congrats on the mill! Sheesh, you're going to need a rigger by the time you move back to Arizona. The new updated Bridgeport manual covers operations that possibly are the same as well. http://www.hardingeus.com/usr/pdf/Knee Mills/SeriesIOperation.pdf Having not put my mitts on a PM-935 can't say for sure, but I'm hoping they are in relatively the same place and do the same thing for the someday when I can order one too.
Don't forget to move the corresponding in/out lever too. Failing to do so will force bad words out of your mouth!
upload_2016-2-1_11-6-27.png

True...I just don't like the idea of this thing only attached to a sheet metal panel and sitting loose while I'm poking at it with my fingers. :eek:

I'd mount an electrical box on the back of the machine honestly, its not just the VFD right but relays, low voltage power supply for the buttons/pot, power in, power disconnect, and knowing you allow room for future electrical/electronic mods. Speaking of which Maxi TorqueRite power drawbar or you wear womens shoes.

Hey Jon: FYI, the BP manual only covers variable speed. No belt drive descriptions.

Rich V: Perfect, thanks! My lever for pivoting the motor is different, but everything else is the same. Gonna print this out and keep it in the tool box. :)

coolidge: keeping this one very simple. No relays or power supply. Just a fwd/off/rev switch, a 10k pot, and a e-stop button (the control box was already made up for me)

Call me crazy, but many times I just throw the VFD up on the bench and punch away. Nobody ever accused me of being sane.:confused 3::cautious:

Back