Pm935 Owners

Hey Bill,
Wiring up the VFD/controls for the mill is a piece of cake, compared to the 1340 lathe. Looks like you already have plently of help.
Congrats on the mill.
JD

Thanks JD. :)

Do you remember what parameters you had to set up for the mill?

I try and find that paper I wrote everything on and get back to you Sir.

Bill,
I used the eyelet and a two ton cherry picker to position mine. I did not have any problems doing it alone. Other then the mill wanted to kick to the rear a bit. Moved it with the head upside down, same way it was shipped.
JD

Bill,
I used the eyelet and a two ton cherry picker to position mine. I did not have any problems doing it alone. Other then the mill wanted to kick to the rear a bit. Moved it with the head upside down, same way it was shipped.
JD

Good to know, thanks. :)

When I told Matt I was going to swing the head around back, he seem surprised and commented that he'd "not thought of that". He agrees that this might just balance the mill better for one person lift jobs. I've modded my shop hoist a bit (surprise) with some stronger/thicker pieces so I'm fairly certain that it should handle this no problem.

Hey Bill,

Congrats on the new mill...
I have a 935TS (pully drive) also...

It is a GREAT machine!

You will like that mill!

Hey Bill,

Congrats on the new mill...
I have a 935TS (pully drive) also...

It is a GREAT machine!

You will like that mill!

I like it already. :)

I'll like it even more once I get it up on it's stand and operational. :D

Bill, I didn't read all of the posts in this thread, but I have the Hitachi VFD for my 935 and got these parameters from Matt as a starting point:
F001 60.00
F002 2.00
A001 01
A002 01
B037 01
B031 10
B091 01
I think I made a few changes, but don't recall what. Once it's up and running properly I lose interest in the details...

-Ryan

The stand is getting close. Chris says he may have it done by the end of the weekend. There were a few workarounds necessary to get all the parts to work (hey, the steel was free...) but Chris used some math program to test it to 16000 lbs before anything yielded. Should be good enough for a 1500 lb. mill.

935 stand.jpg

Bill,
I lost my mill vfd paperwork, I started out like smudgemo, check the Carrier freq...B083, I think, to reduce the motor whine.
I just have a on off switch, a forward/reverse switch and a speed pot. I am not using any DC braking or anything special.
JD

Back