Oxy/acetylene rig

I’ve located a set of used Victor torches and regulators and a kind H-M member has a used O2 tank for me to buy.
I’ll need a set of grade T hoses as I plan to go with propane but those are easy to source.
I will have the torches and regs looked at to make sure they’re sound.

What a fantastic place this is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David,
I bought the Miller-Smith Oxy/Ac kit from my LWS. The complete package you see is brand new as I had to replace everything.
I only use it to heat treat small parts and heat things as needed. I'll probably do some brazing with it soon.
MIG, ARC, Tig and Plasma have replaced the Oxy/Ac set up for welding/cutting. IMHO

Attachments

• Smith.jpg
    Smith.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 11
David,
I bought the Miller-Smith Oxy/Ac kit from my LWS. The complete package you see is brand new as I had to replace everything.
I only use it to heat treat small parts and heat things as needed. I'll probably do some brazing with it soon.
MIG, ARC, Tig and Plasma have replaced the Oxy/Ac set up for welding/cutting. IMHO

If the used Victor torches don’t work out I may opt for a new set of Victors from my LWS as I can buy torches, regs, and hoses for a reasonable price.

If the used Victor torches don’t work out I may opt for a new set of Victors from my LWS as I can buy torches, regs, and hoses for a reasonable price.

Be careful. Brand new authentic entry level Victor may not be as good as older pro refurbished Victor. Just a thought and JMO of course.

Be careful. Brand new authentic entry level Victor may not be as good as older pro refurbished Victor. Just a thought and JMO of course.

Definitely hear you there.
Only thinking that I'd go new if the used torches are really beat up.

Last edited:
I bought the Princess Auto Victor copy about 8 or 10 years ago. I doesn't get used a lot, occasional cutting where the plasma won't do it, warming up a frozen nut and some silver soldering and brazing. Its worked great for what I need, no problems what so ever.
I did the purchase route from TSC, take them in for instant exchange, if they have them in stock. If I ever get rid of them they give you back your deposit.

Greg

This ad for a Victor Medalist has been on Kijiji for almost a month (asking $300) , I only posted it here so you can compare prices or at least it'll give you an idea about the price of the new /old stock, I think he's asking too much but it is new so I would offer $250 if I were interested. I paid $330 for my Victor from LWS .
$_59.jpg

This ad for a Victor Medalist has been on Kijiji for almost a month (asking $300) , I only posted it here so you can compare prices or at least it'll give you an idea about the price of the new /old stock, I think he's asking too much but it is new so I would offer $250 if I were interested. I paid $330 for my Victor from LWS .
View attachment 335796

That set is $389 locally so he’s definitely asking for top dollar.
The used set I’m looking at is $250.
Two torch bodies, one with flashback arrestors, oxy and fuel regs, brazing, rosebud and cutting heads.
b2d4eae038f2509dcad95ceb7c402add.jpg

Be very wary of these online claims. Often what they mean is 'Victor style' i.e. knockoffs from Trashcanistan. Genuine Victor (or any other good gear) is worth the price. If price is an issue (when isn't it?) keep watching craigslist and garage sales as welding stuff shows up pretty regularly as long as you don't have an urgent need.

Good luck

Stu
I was definitely comparing apples to apples. I would never buy a Chinese torch.

For my Victor medium combination torch, the LWS wanted over $250 and I bought the same exact (Victor!) torch on Amazon for $99. Same brand, same part number. I have found that you can buy name brands online for a lot less than at the LWS.

Back