One Day Left = Retirement

Its now here, dont panic, you now have time to do whatever you want.
Watch out for the honey-do list as that will expand fast.
:applause::congrats:and no more of :bs:from work.
take care and enjoy life to the full.

You will also start for getting what day it is at times. Cograts!!
It's been my life's ambition to forget what MONTH it is. Now that's retired!

Congratulations Jeff! Enjoy it, you've earned it. The key to successful retirement is figuring out how to spend enough time out of the house. Mama loves you, but you really need to leave for a while so she can miss you.

You’re going to be like Paul Simon’s the only living boy in New York…”I get all the news I need on the weather report”.

Just a reflection of a fellow retiree:
When you realize the value of the time left,
you dwell less on what is past, and concentrate
more on the preservation of the future !

Retirement: the pay is not so good but the time is free.

Welcome to the list of retiree’s. Good Health to you and yours !
We were talking about the money part this morning on my first official day of retirement. We have a budget that should be adequate for our needs.
No more Roth IRA contributions, fuel will be less. Medicare and the supplement kick in soon so that will save on copays at the doctors office.
You are right about the time we have left. Part of our day will be dedicated to exercise.

FWIW . I've been off work for 8 weeks now Jeff . Short term disability as income these days . First 2 weeks off I felt like it was a vacation and enjoyed the time off . Then , a few weeks of boredom missing my daily/nightly routine . Now , enjoying the time off that I have left . Possibly going to retire in April for good and go back as a consultant and make the limit SS sets . I have been getting things done lately that I haven't been able to do while working , and its fun and rewarding . I know you'll keep busy and adjust to retirement . Enjoy it , my neighbor of 36 years was just buried an hour ago , way too young . Keep busy and active , growing old beats the alternative .

Congratulations, Jeff. We'll have to get together sometime to talk shop when this pandemic is over.

Jeff, you've been retired for 2 whole days now. How's it going? Are you realizing that you have just embarked on the best part of your life yet?

It took me a few years to realize that the roles we have to play in life change who we really are. You start out as you but then become a worker, a husband, a father, a financial resource and so on. Somewhere in there we become these roles and we are no longer the person we started out as. When we retire, we shuck many of these roles and we have a chance to get back in touch with that guy we used to be.

For me, this was liberating and I find that I like the guy I used to be. The difference is that I no longer have anything to prove and I now have the financial resources to enjoy life without worrying so I can go be that guy.

Enjoy this phase of your life, Jeff. It's been a long time coming and you deserve it.

Back