One Day Left = Retirement

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
The count down has been long.
My days have fluctuated from excitement to shear hysteria.
Today, I'm feeling good. Someone said I should cook tri-tips one last time.
I'm going to hang a dozen seasoned tri-tips at 10:00, so we can enjoy sandwiches, potato salad and all the fixins.

We built this smoker in 1987. It has served us well over the years. One time we cooked 4 turkeys.

Tomorrow is my official last day. I turn in my keys, credit card, gas card and pick up my last real pay check after 35 years, 3 months and 22 days.
What a ride :)

Attachments

• cook 1.jpg
    cook 1.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 39
  • cook 2.jpg
    cook 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 40
congratulations, but please wear a mask tomorrow and stay safe. My best friend went to his co party and the CEO had to notify everybody he came up positive. My buddy is double vaxxed but still became positive and mildly sick In Oct because the spouse of the guy he was staying with loves karaoke. So he was quarantined and really tired for a couple weeks. No fun.

Today he finally able to go in and get tested for the co party. My wife was supposed to go to the co party and we skipped it. Yup, several people are sick and all have been having to be tested twice a week. Hate to see you come down sick just as you crossed the goal line.

congrats on the retirement - now you will be able to focus on the shop. --- just kidding - you'll be busier than ever!

Congratulations Jeff, Your going to enjoy it.

For me, it was a little strange not going to work for the first couple of weeks. But now I don't miss it much.

Tim

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of you!!

In they go....
I use a product called Red Baron. It's a dry rub, 24 hours before.
I also make sure to use Costco USDA Prime only.
This meat is delicious!

Attachments

• cooks 1.jpg
    cooks 1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 27
  • cooks 2.jpg
    cooks 2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 29
Absolutely Congratulations!! Please keep us informed as to how your retirement is going. When I talk to the retired people from where I worked, they all have the same story. It takes 6 months to a year to get done with all the unfinished stuff, you didn't have time for, the Homey-Do list, repairs around the house and all the stuff your friends and and family want.

And then one day you wake up and there is nothing to do. Then you realize that YOU REALLY MADE IT!!!!!!
Good luck and good health.

Back