One Day Left = Retirement

Congrats Jeff! I took my company's early out package and escaped CA (I was in Chico too) about a year ago now. Moving the shop was a PITA but loving being in the mountains of AZ (Prescott). Retirement has been a very easy adaptation. I though't I'd miss work but I don't. You're right about hwy 99, I don't miss that at all! The shop keeps me very busy and I've managed to start up projects I always wanted to do. My wife says she's a "shop widow" even more now! lol. Enjoy your freedom!

Congratulations Jeff!

Your comment regarding "Excitement to Terror" is something that I am still bouncing between after a month of being retired. I feel that I need to be doing something or that I am forgetting something that I should be doing. Drives me nuts. Too often I wake up between 2-3AM and spend about two hours running things through my mind before I fall back to sleep.

Hopefully, this will subside and I can start to settle into this new life sooner than later.

Congrats Jeff! I took my company's early out package and escaped CA (I was in Chico too) about a year ago now. Moving the shop was a PITA but loving being in the mountains of AZ (Prescott). Retirement has been a very easy adaptation. I though't I'd miss work but I don't. You're right about hwy 99, I don't miss that at all! The shop keeps me very busy and I've managed to start up projects I always wanted to do. My wife says she's a "shop widow" even more now! lol. Enjoy your freedom!
I love it.
I put some cardboard by the front door so I could put it in the recycling at work tomorrow.
I’m really struggling with the fact that I don’t go to work anymore.
This is going to take a while.

I was just talking to my in-laws about retiring... I'm 55, the same age my dad was when he retired. I'm not quite ready yet but if I get offered a package at 60 I might jump at it.
Congrats Jeff, I'm mighty happy for your new found freedom!
In my experience, there is a difference between 60 and 65.
I just can’t do it anymore!

I love it.
I put some cardboard by the front door so I could put it in the recycling at work tomorrow.
I’m really struggling with the fact that I don’t go to work anymore.
This is going to take a while.
You'll get use to not going to work, eventually. Then one day you'll wonder how you ever fit going to work into your schedule!

Eric

I hear you there... I've been off for the holidays since Dec. 16 and go back on the 4th. Makes thinking about retirement waaaay too easy!

I have been off since the 16th as well. Tuesday will be first day back. Going to be difficult the first few hours! Was still doing the maintenance on the caster when we shut down. Was waiting for supplies of course! I likely only have a couple days to finish as this machine needs to be working.
Pierre

I was just talking to my in-laws about retiring... I'm 55, the same age my dad was when he retired. I'm not quite ready yet but if I get offered a package at 60 I might jump at it.
Congrats Jeff, I'm mighty happy for your new found freedom!
I will be 55 this September... I so want to retire already, but not happening. My daughter just finished her Masters, my son is in his first year of college... I still need the income to see that through and also to be able to build the small workshop...

But man, I am so ready... I have been working since I was very young... no complaining, just my reality... I am so looking forward to getting lost in the garage doing stuff...

Jeff, wish you the best finding the next house and getting done all that you have planned.

It’s Monday morning, I can sleep in.
I was wide awake at 2:45, ready to go to work. I had to remind myself that I don’t do that anymore.
After two cups of coffee and several chapters of a book I’m into, I have concluded this retirement process will take some time.
What am I going to do today?
Whatever I want :)

Back