No fun turning a 22mm deep socket

Oh , cool . I had the B7610 and finished up a job and sold it . I now have a B7510 Turf Special which I bought 2 weeks after selling the 76 . Don't know what I was thinking when I sold it . I use it every day , I have the rake on it now and just did the garden out back . You gotta love the Botas ! :encourage:

This is right up my alley Gaf . I buried the 7610 up in NY when I dropped it into a skidder groove . Took alot of beer and the help of the F250 to yank it out . :grin: I just saw the pics last week of it stuck in mud up to the seat .

Tractors usually use saturated calcium chloride. It is more dense than water or antifreeze solution and won't freeze. But rear tractor tire usualkly have inner tubes. Calcium chloride is worse than rock salt for corrosion.
I did quite a bit of research on loading tires, and Kubota recommends, at least in my manual, to use calcium chloride. My area never freezes, and I don't think I'll need the extra weight it provides. I'm going at this by trial and error.

Oh , cool . I had the B7610 and finished up a job and sold it . I now have a B7510 Turf Special which I bought 2 weeks after selling the 76 . Don't know what I was thinking when I sold it . I use it every day , I have the rake on it now and just did the garden out back . You gotta love the Botas ! :encourage:
Yeah, they are great tractors. A rake will be the next implement I get. I also see a tiller in my near future.

Well at least your partner may have been there with his/her tennis ball . All is good . :encourage::encourage:

I got the stump grinder out of Woodland Mills last year . Quality piece and I'll recommend it with no connections to them . There just toys for tots ...............................:congratulate:

As much as I like to talk about the old machining , I'm more into this . Land clearing , tree cutting etc . It gets my blood flowing . :big grin:

glad you are ok. There are many who die from that. Lost a guy I used to go to his shop , and one day I read about him rolling it over on top of him.
Ditto. Lost a good friends wife to flipping their Kubota. They were using it to clear manzanita and they think her foot slipped off the clutch. Flipped backwards and she didn’t have her seatbelt on :(

I love doing tractor work but gotta keep that situational awareness cranked up to 11.

Did you turn the socket with carbide or HSS? chrome wants you to get underneath it right away. Carbide and not so fast? I have turned a few sockets without problems. When I have the choice, I will use a decent quality impact socket, my thinking being the steel is tougher so better able to deal with the thinner section. I could be kidding myself. I have plenty of chrome ones turned down. The initial tool pressure is high to get under the chrome.

I had to turn a socket to fit down the spark plug well of the wife's car. It didn't last. You might consider something like these. I guessed M14x1.5 thread, but there are many options on thread and length out there.

Back