Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Probably not

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Not sure/Decline to answer

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
I'm sorry your neighbor has been filming you without your consent. It's important to remember that this violates your privacy and can be considered illegal. It's also important to be aware of the potential for sextortion in situations like this, where someone may use the footage to extort or blackmail you. If you feel this could be possible, it's important to seek help and support and remember that you are not alone.

Sorry, but it is not illegal to film anything from the public right of way. (It’s not illegal to film from the filmee’s land, for that matter, but it is illegal to trespass. Trespass won’t get any enforcement response unless there is notice or the trespasser is doing something illegal while trespassing, such as breaking and entering or vandalism.)

The right to privacy is greatly exaggerated in the USA.

Rick “obnoxious, yes; illegal, no” Denney

In Canada, the neighbour will get a stern warning from the police, and the second time charged. The lesser offense is disturbing the peace. The more serious is covered under our peeping tom laws.

I have a back lane neighbour that took a picture of me with friends unloading my 1700 lb surface grinder from my truck using a gantry crane. He took the picture from inside his house. I saw the flash... I was on the public right-of-way. Here, that is perfectly legal.

Several years later I asked him about it, and he said he just had to have a picture, he couldn't believe it... No harm no foul.

In Canada, the neighbour will get a stern warning from the police, and the second time charged. The lesser offense is disturbing the peace. The more serious is covered under our peeping tom laws.

I have a back lane neighbour that took a picture of me with friends unloading my 1700 lb surface grinder from my truck using a gantry crane. He took the picture from inside his house. I saw the flash... I was on the public right-of-way. Here, that is perfectly legal.

Several years later I asked him about it, and he said he just had to have a picture, he couldn't believe it... No harm no foul.
Theres also “mischief” if the rcmp are so inclined to charge….

I was ecstatic today to see a “For Sale” sign today in front of this neighbor’s house. What is more, word is that he is moving out of state.

I am honestly going to keep my front yard looking very clean (I live directly across the street) so that he finds a buyer.

I sure won’t miss him when he’s gone!

I was ecstatic today to see a “For Sale” sign today in front of this neighbor’s house. What is more, word is that he is moving out of state.

I am honestly going to keep my front yard looking very clean (I live directly across the street) so that he finds a buyer.

I sure won’t miss him when he’s gone!

Should find his new house and go film him mowing the lawn when you have a spare weekend :laughing:

Stu

Back