Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Probably not

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Not sure/Decline to answer

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Reading this stuff makes me so glad we live out in the woods - The occasional loud dirt bike on the road, and the random gunfire, are nothing compared to this kind of harassment ...
If you can, move. I doubt any of the above mentioned, and well intentioned remedies will dissuade a nut job.

Around here, anyone acting as you describe would be classified as one.
Around here, they would also feel that vibe early and often.

Blue iris can that be used with a system that is wired to a NVR with no internet connection? Don't won't a wireless system or anything going to a cloud.

I use blue iris. It is a VERY versatile system with many options and compatible with hundreds of different cameras. I also don't use wireless cameras. Instead I use POE (Power over Ethernet). To me this is just as convenient as running power to a wireless camera. I do not use any cloud storage. I have Blue Iris set to record when there is motion detected and then save the recordings to a local NAS (local hard drive). Blue Iris runs in a computer and can take a LOT of processing power so expect to dedicate a computer to running it. I currently have 7 cameras and have had up to 9. In order it to run reasonably on a windows Intel I5 computer, I have to set the cameras to run at around 7-10 frames per second. Not great if you want to watch a movie but more than adequate for security. Some of my cameras placements are very obvious and others no so much. I figure who would want to rob a house with cameras all over when there are so many others to choose from :chunky:.

The closest I’ve gotten to cameras is a trail cam. After seeing so many vids posted on YouTube of hacked camera feeds I’m just as spooked by them as by the nutbar next door.

I’ll just continue on with my PWD(Portuguese Water Dog), he hates her and has super sonic hearing. Any time she’s creeping around on the other side of the fence he’s on her like white on rice. Funny how my dogs have always hated those I don’t like without me saying a word.

You can always hold a “brothers of the NRA meeting” and see if there’s much trouble after that.

I’d be thinking about possibly mowing the lawn in a thong when he starts filming.

But, I’m not the voice of reason :cool:

Back