Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Probably not

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Not sure/Decline to answer

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Do you need the app to use and set it up? Looking for a system like that but it must only need a NVR to work.
You can run it all directly from the NVR. Hook up a keyboard, mouse and monitor. In fact, you must do that for the initial setup.
The app just increases the usefulness. Check up on things while on vacation for example.
Yeah. I know the Chinese are watching. I just demonstrated how to move a mill for them.

This thread reminded me of something similar in my (ahem) checkered past.
Where I did live, the landlord also owned the house next to me. The first year or so an older couple lived there and they were great neighbors. Minded their own business and if they ever complained to the landlord he never mentioned it. But they moved and both his daughters took up that residence. That's when the fun started. I went to work most mornings on my Harley leaving at 4-4:30 a.m. They mentioned the straight pipes to Daddy.
Within a month or two they started having loud parties with many guests until 2 or 3-3:30 in the morning. Every night. I finally got tired of walking around in my sleep most of the time. Went over, introduced myself and ask if they could turn the stereo down after 10 p.m. I got a very unlady-like reply. The parties got louder if anything.
Enough.
I spoke to the landlord who told me to handle it anyway I wanted short of gunplay or arson. I Invited a few club brothers over to live for a while. First night they invited themselves to that party. And those guys knew how to really party.
They cried to Daddy.
He laughed at them. He told me he had let them live there to get them out of his house, but they had never paid a red cent or even any utilities. Since I paid every month he didn't care what I did.
Don't know just what happened over there, but the loud thumping music quit. My brothers moved out. Life was good.

This thread reminded me of something similar in my (ahem) checkered past.
Where I did live, the landlord also owned the house next to me. The first year or so an older couple lived there and they were great neighbors. Minded their own business and if they ever complained to the landlord he never mentioned it. But they moved and both his daughters took up that residence. That's when the fun started. I went to work most mornings on my Harley leaving at 4-4:30 a.m. They mentioned the straight pipes to Daddy.
Within a month or two they started having loud parties with many guests until 2 or 3-3:30 in the morning. Every night. I finally got tired of walking around in my sleep most of the time. Went over, introduced myself and ask if they could turn the stereo down after 10 p.m. I got a very unlady-like reply. The parties got louder if anything.
Enough.
I spoke to the landlord who told me to handle it anyway I wanted short of gunplay or arson. I Invited a few club brothers over to live for a while. First night they invited themselves to that party. And those guys knew how to really party.
They cried to Daddy.
He laughed at them. He told me he had let them live there to get them out of his house, but they had never paid a red cent or even any utilities. Since I paid every month he didn't care what I did.
Don't know just what happened over there, but the loud thumping music quit. My brothers moved out. Life was good.
I love those modern Aesop's fables where lessons are learned and life goes on. But crazy people are incapable of this. If I'd not had to 5150 a family member 3 times I'd not be so nervous about how crazy seems to spread. And it NEVER goes the way I think it will and will always goes a way I would have never in my wildest hallucinogenic dreams thought it could go. I don't mean to sound so alarming but I'm just going off what crazy can do. It's a whole nuther thing than just callous or stupid.

I wish I could share all the colorful things you learn to say when squaring someone away after two combat tours with the Infantry. In fact, my short temper and ability to dress someone down without stuttering is so finely tuned that I had to register my responses to stupid people as deadly weapons when I moved to Washington State. Here, if I deck some dumb mother with a camera in my driveway, I'd probably be arrested and charged with both assault and battery. So my advice is to leave him to his own f--ng devices. Maybe he'll get nailed by a car while standing in the street with his camera phone. Maybe his worrying will increase his heart rate, which raises blood pressure and takes time off of his life (but only the very end). Maybe EMF from your welder and VFDs is screwing up his kinder-molester chat room.

I would find out what laws you are in the RIGHT on, and rub that in his face. If Santa Rosa still says 85 decibels at the property line after 9 pm, then keep it to 84 and let him wear himself into the ground trying to "catch ya" making legally-defined noise. I'd also consider getting a dog. If he keeps a Pomeranian, then find a breed that enjoys making Pomeranians walk funny.

You may want to do that for your protection in case he decides to make false claims against you when he can’t get a rise out of you for his filming. It sounds like he might be crazy enough to do something like that.
Hello all.
I had a PITA neighbor that lived across the street for years. He would constantly complain about anything and everything that his surrounding neighbors were doing (dog barking, parking on street, noise, etc). The local police and a city inspector explained to me that if one particular neighbor in a neighborhood constantly complains about those living around him/her, they don't really take it too seriously. They know that person has a hang-up, and it's that person's problem. Only if you have multiple complaints from your surrounding neighbors about the same thing, will they take the complaint seriously.
If you know your not doing anything wrong, I wouldn't worry too much about those complaints.

I had a neighbor like that ("the investigator" archetype). He started drinking after Normandy and never quit. He used to get enough liquor on to think carrying his nickel and ivory gov't model in his pants pocket made him an honorary cop. He never pointed it at anyone, he'd just stomp his left and drag his right around the neighborhood keeping kids in line. The cops thought it was cute, and since he never hurt anybody, allowed it. I doubt old Howard ever kept bullets in the thing. It was different times.

Back