• Maybe so

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Not sure/Decline to answer

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

erikmannie

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
My neighbor directly across the street has filmed us about 5 times, including today. He usually stands out on the sidewalk so as to be obvious. He uses his smart phone.

When he was filming us today, Jack was machining on the knee mill & I was sweeping up.

I have no idea how somebody would have both the time & inclination to do this.

The last time that he was filming involved women & children, & we called the cops immediately. That was about (10?) months ago. I am glad that this time he was filming adult men & a machine, so maybe he is improving.

Any suggestions? My idea is that he would get a hobby or some interest not involving strangers.

Close your garage when working. Then there will be nothing to see.

As stated they are free to film. If you are doing nothing that violates local ordinances why worry. Maybe invite them over to get some up close shots of machining. Then post them here.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Since this guy has a record, get your phone out. Walk to the edge of your property and take a video of him in an obvious manner.

May not be a bad idea to check with PD after you get a video. Who knows what he is up to? Given the past, he may not be well.

As long as you are not violating any codes, you are fine.

However, codes are funny.

It seems there are some general guidelines in some federal guide that many places use to create their codes.

We once lived in a not so good part of town.

One person would all code enforcement on us for all kinds of stupid stuff.

Working on your car where it can be seen?

Not legal, can not lift the hood to check the oil.

Park on the lawn to wash it, nope, not legal.

This cat would sell gun stuff at yard sales many years ago.

BATF was one of my clients, made a call one day as the sale was active, a whole bunch of light bars showed up...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

He can film anything within public view, so if it can readily be seen from the street, it can be filmed. The only thing you can do is hide it from view.

I have no idea how somebody would have both the time & inclination to do this.
People will make time if they don’t like what they think people are doing. Many people can’t fathom why anyone would have industrial machines for a hobby, so he probably assumes you are running an unregistered business and is gathering evidence to file a complaint. I don’t know who Jack is, but if he doesn’t live with you, it could look like an employee working there and giving more suspicion of an unregistered business.

Back