Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Probably not

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Not sure/Decline to answer

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Definitely go Wyze. I have 7 cameras. Cheap, easy, good quality. Buy Micro SD cards so you can review the video rather than paying for cloud storage. The best part is all your data goes to the Chinese Government archives.:oops:

Definitely go Wyze. I have 7 cameras. Cheap, easy, good quality. Buy Micro SD cards so you can review the video rather than paying for cloud storage. The best part is all your data goes to the Chinese Government archives.:oops:
With a program like BlueIris you can record to a computer wirelessly. You can se it to use as much or little HD space as you want. It doesn't use the cloud and no need for SD cards if you don't want.
There are many programs out there that will do that.

Lets be honest here, angle grinders are bloody loud and incredibly annoying.
They do annoy even friendly neighbors if going on for too long.
Maybe that is what he's documenting.
I try to only use mine between 2 and 4 pm and definitely not everyday if I can help it and I do apologize to my neighbors when I see them if using it a lot.
So far everyone has said no worries its fine.

With a program like BlueIris you can record to a computer wirelessly. You can se it to use as much or little HD space as you want. It doesn't use the cloud and no need for SD cards if you don't want.
There are many programs out there that will do that.
Will Blue iris work with Wyze cams? Or what cams?

Will Blue iris work with Wyze cams? Or what cams?
I don't think so, Wyse cams go directly to their cloud app which is easy to use on my phone and share with others.

But, someone else may know different, I've run surveillance systems as part of my IT job and have no interest in spending any more time/effort on it than I need to.

My application is mainly to look after my 92-year-old mom when I'm not home so I'm not really interested in recording stuff or worrying about the Chinese government listening in. There are plenty of other devices that can do that around, I know how to disable those "features" if I want....

John

I am definitely going to keep the garage door closed for the machining (goes on only one day a week, but for a full 8 hours).

I will be stick welding on the side of the back yard (same hours as above, the same 8 hours that the machining is happening). I have one welding screen to face the sidewalk & one welding screen to prevent the machinist from getting flashed. There is also a fence that mostly blocks the passersby on the sidewalk from a view of the welding arc, although the fence does not provide 100% coverage. I will get a full 100% coverage with the welding screen.

I am surprised that my neighbor complains at all because I usually do nothing in the shop for 6 days a week. The guy is clearly a crybaby.

The main point is that the only reason he is doing the filming is to stir up trouble, so I have a simple job in not allowing *any* trouble to be stirred up. It is just too bad that there are losers in the world.

Last edited:
but I wonder if one day he will push somebody too far and get his a$$ beaten.
I hope it’s not you. I’ve lived next to some major squirrels but this one takes the cake. She scams everyone stupid enough to work for her. Roofers, painters, carpenters, fence guys, gardeners you name it. And she’s so nuts they don’t take her to court. I have literally a million bat guano crazy stories but I saw a HomeDepot rep hanging out and asked him what was up. He told me LMS(little miss sunshine) called and made a complaint that their paint that the poor guys she scammed into painting her house messed up her driveway and she wanted to HomeDepot to re pave her driveway. WTH?

Conflict, threats and scams are her reason for existence. I don’t know how she continually gets away with it but nobody has ever worked for her twice. Crazy is as crazy does and you can’t fix crazy.

Back