Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Probably not

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Not sure/Decline to answer

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Look on Amazon for a "Reolink" camera kit. 4 cameras and the recording system will run about $300. It was so easy to set up that I put one on my wife's business. I run the app on my work computer, and can see what's going on when I hear a commotion around the house. They're also good for showing people on this forum how to dump a perfectly good mill on it's face. :-(. (https://rumble.com/v2mip76-the-boss-land-on-its-face.html)
You used exactly the same word I used when I turned my lathe over. But launching the shoe was a nice extra touch.

Rick "managed to contain all the other words that were filling the buffer" Denney

We have a rule in our household that nobody is to engage him in any way because we believe he is a troll.

A troll will usually move on to somebody else if ignored.

I guess I could put out a couple of HD cameras facing his house, but I am not interested in other people’s activity.

My intent for suggesting you place security cameras was not to satisfy your "interest", but rather to collect a record of his activity for your protection (evidence).

You never need to review the footage if no 'incidents' occur. If an incident that requires legal defense occurs, you may become anxious to review your footage.

I don't think persons standing on a sidewalk, apparently photographing a neighbor, is a very sympathetic scene unless the photography produces evidence of wrong doing.

Maybe a welders shade may be the ticket!

He won’t be able to film much from a well placed screen

Also, a useful addition if you don't already have one.

Seriously though, just do your best to ignore him (don't feed the trolls).

Having security cameras is a good idea, I use Wyse cams, they're cheap and do everything I need. If your wife has issue with him then you will have to do something, trespassing is a crime and if you have that on camera the police will have to do something about it.

John

I sincrerly would invite him over for coffee and to see your shop. show him your major machines and tell him what they are used for. then ask him if he has any project that needs any machining or help with. tell him you enjoy fixing things for a hobby. also ask him if he has any metal stock he doesn't want, you may find a good supply of free items just across the street. he may just want a friendly neighbor to communicate with, and maybe get him interested in a new hobby. ask him if he has any hobbies. Instead of complaining about all my junk in my yard and around my shop, my neighbors enjoy asking me for help with their projects and come over for free nuts and bolts and asking me if I can fix something for them. it also helps a lot when you see your neighbor to call out a " Hello Fred or Mabel " to show them you recognize and care to acknowledge them by calling out a greeting with their name. I will pray for your neighbor to be receptive of good friendship with you.
I know some neighbors can be obnoxious and never change, but some have that ability if given help.
I hope this works for your dealings with your neighbor, ----you won't know if you don't try. let us know if this works.
Dave

Like Cadillac said, Go over and talk to him. Invite him over to see your hobby. If he is getting ready to file a complaint, put a stop to it before it gets out of hand.
I agree. Dont let this get out of control because of a lack of communication. If its noise related, then you can work with him on that. If he is a freak, call the cops. If he is just a weirdo, well, I put up some of that 6'0 ft tall black roll cloth used on construction fencing, all around the inside of my pool lanai because my neighbor was watching too much.

Look on Amazon for a "Reolink" camera kit. 4 cameras and the recording system will run about $300. It was so easy to set up that I put one on my wife's business. I run the app on my work computer, and can see what's going on when I hear a commotion around the house. They're also good for showing people on this forum how to dump a perfectly good mill on it's face. :-(. (https://rumble.com/v2mip76-the-boss-land-on-its-face.html)

Do you need the app to use and set it up? Looking for a system like that but it must only need a NVR to work.

I have a neighbour like you have @erikmannie - it does no good to engage with them, they will just insult you or use the engagement to trump up a false narrative that you were trying to intimidate him. *I speak from experience here*

His filming is a passive-agressive attempt to intimidate *you*.

Here's what has worked for me:

1) don't give him any ammunition, or things to film.
2) befriend as many people in the neighbourhood as you can, including fixing things using your hobby shop.
- they will be a 'back channel' into what trouble he intends; these guys never keep their mouth shut.
- besides it is always nice to know your neighbours.
3) don't let him change your activities or hobby one little bit. He wins if he gets you to second guess yourself.

Back