Mill Spindle Light

I can honestly say that a led for my mill is a must have. The spindle light just blew me away. Very nice, and very clever. Martin

These have always been a great layout, the ring around the spindle. I wonder why, and maybe they have, use just a few Cree leds instead of a whole bunch of common bright leds.

Ed

These have always been a great layout, the ring around the spindle. I wonder why, and maybe they have, use just a few Cree leds instead of a whole bunch of common bright leds.

Build it and they will buy. :)

cool lamp. are the leds a blue light or a white light?

The ones I used were listed as white but give off a blueish light but not as blue as the ones listed as blue.

Try mixing things up a bit and use blue, red green and even yellow to see what color you get. LOL

I can honestly say that a led for my mill is a must have. The spindle light just blew me away. Very nice, and very clever. Martin

Thanks Martin, try designing you own to fit your needs and post some pictures of the build.

If I do another one I will try to get it to be as low a profile as possible. I found the other day while using my drill chuck, that the chuck key will not turn all the way around and I have to pull it out rotate it and re-insert it. That is one thing I would change and maybe a little smaller in diameter.

I am happy with the LED configuration. Good amount of light.

This is great. I will have to make one

Please post pictures of you build. I did not take any of mine since it was a spur of the moment build. Been thinking about it for a while but just set out to build it in the middle of another project I was working on.

The ones I used were listed as white but give off a blueish light but not as blue as the ones listed as blue.

Try mixing things up a bit and use blue, red green and even yellow to see what color you get. LOL

FWIW, I would avoid this approach. (I see your "LOL") If there is any distance between the individual lamps, you will get colored segments of shadow, different for each segment. Very distracting.

Walt

Back