Looking to get a 3D printer soon.

I am going for the 2.4r 300mm build. One of my co-workers, and a good friend, just ordered a kit from https://voronkits.com/ last Friday. I plan on sourcing my materials rather than going the kit route.

All excellent points guys, regarding the Rasp Pi. It seems that I kept seeing that the RPi was the only option whereas it is not, but I certainly understand having everything bundled in an ecosystem.

Regarding the Orange Pi, the following is a link to one of many that have done it. Not saying that you should, but there is documentation out there. https://blog.vertile.com/article/klipper-3d-printer-firmware/
I think that there may be a misconception as to what OctoPI is/does. It does not replace the printer firmware
E axis is done. On to the LCD after lunch and some bears!
did the spell check change beers to bears?

I think that there may be a misconception as to what OctoPI is/does. It does not replace the printer firmware

:D Prusa gives you a bag of gummy bears as an incentive to get through the assembly. The instructions actually tell you to consume X amount of bears after completing each assembly. The beers will come after a first decent print! Until then bears.

As far as I know, from my limited reading, the only thing that OctoPi does is give you a way to remotely print and monitor. At least that is my understanding. That's fine with me. Would have been nice if all that was built in, but I am ok with it, since I do have a spare RPI3 and webcam.

LCD is done. Working on the heat bed and PSU.

Correct. Octopi is a method of running your print. You can slice with Octopi but I believe it is a plug-in. Marlin, Kkipper and others are firmware. Cura or Prusaslicr are popular, although the PrusaSlicr is Cura with some more lipstick

I don't think Prusa Slicer is Cura, it is based on a different code base (Slic3r) that predates Cura. But they do share some code such as the arachnid engine recently. SuperSlicer is based on Prusa Slicer. There are a number of other slicers out there as well, but these are the most popular.

Starting the electronics assembly. Think that is the last section. Starting to dislike these bears... Too sweet.

One fellow was saying he saves the bears for his wife. She likes Prusa builds for some reason. :)

I don't think Prusa Slicer is Cura, it is based on a different code base (Slic3r) that predates Cura. But they do share some code such as the arachnid engine recently. SuperSlicer is based on Prusa Slicer. There are a number of other slicers out there as well, but these are the most popular.
You are correct. My apologies. For some reason, I was thinking that they shared DNA.

Have to give up for the night. They saved the best for last. My goodness, they went out of their way to make this difficult. In all my years of design and working I've never seen such a wiring mess. I will need to review a couple of steps previous. All the cables seem to be in exactly the wrong place to make their connection inside the Einsy box.

Perhaps tomorrow will bring more clarity. The good thing is that the build is almost done. I'm thankful for that.

Back