Finally, a vacation...

I second what Wachuko said, thanks for taking us along!
My pleasure. Sometimes the journey is more eye opening than the destination. Can't let the ugly bits overwhelm the nice parts, but unexpected weird stuff seems to be part of travel to new places.

My pleasure. Sometimes the journey is more eye opening than the destination. Can't let the ugly bits overwhelm the nice parts, but unexpected weird stuff seems to be part of travel to new places.

My father would say, "Enjoy the journey since you never know if you will always make it to the destination"

My father would say, "Enjoy the journey since you never know if you will always make it to the destination"
That's so true. Have to enjoy the journey of life while you can.

Just had 4 different meza plates, which were quite good. Have no idea if we will eat anything else, pretty much tired out for the day. Our waiter wanted to know if we wanted ouzo, and we had to laugh. The last time we had ouzo was when we were in Chicago. What a smashing night that was. We could barely walk back to our hotel. The staff kept us entertained and well plied with drink. We may do it again, but not here. I think we'd fall asleep after the first drink. I'd rather have some memory of it!

Met some family last night at the hotel. Back to the bar. Got persuaded to have a beer and a bit of dessert. Thank goodness for that! We had fun catching up. They kept us awake a while longer, and we went to bed near a proper bed time. Some of the family has been having trouble with travel delays out of the US. They were delayed around 5 hours. Eventually we will all meet up here, in Greece, at least that's the plan.

After a redeye flight and a really long day, we slept like rocks. Ready for another fun day!

After a long day we arrived at Gregolimano at Club Med. I must of lived a sheltered life, that, or we didn't grow up wealthy. First off, it's beautiful, second there's quite a few really good looking people here. Almost eyes popping out good looking. Got to watch what I say. Club Med is based out of Paris, quite a few people are fashion oriented it would seem. They have a shop here with some amazing stuff in it, but way out of my price range. High fashion (quite nice actually, with great patterns and colors) but far pricier than cheap me would spring for. Dunno, €133 is too much for a bathing suit by my book. I'll try to get by with my old bathing suit for now.

All off the family arrived. We actually saw our daughter, husband and grandson arrive from the dock. The whole family had dinner together tonight.

My goodness, what an interesting arrangement for food and drinks. All free for the taking. Oh, we paid plenty for the privilege, but once here, food, snacks and drinks are available most of the day. I'm afraid of gaining a hundred pounds this week! Will have to fill the days with active stuff or I will pack the pounds on. Have to check out all the activities.

Right behind our table was a juice machine, water, coffee machines, and beer dispenser. You go to a different table nearby to pick up a couple bottles of wine for the table. I could get used to this. Want another beer, just pour one for yourself. :beer: My grandson wanted some juice, no problem, quick trip and poured him some. Made him very happy.

Going to say, I'm not used to this relaxing stuff! Feels a bit weird to me, which probably means it's been way too long. After breakfast, we walked out to the far end of the beach. For quite a while, there was no one there, not a soul. We were in the shade, there was a nice breeze, and all one could hear was the little waves lapping against the shore. It was beautiful. I let myself sit on a recliner and closed my eyes for a while and just listened. It was relaxing, but just haven't been able to fully relax. I did do some stretches at the beach which helped. I wasn't about to join the yoga class nearby, although maybe I should try that tomorrow.

Later we saw some flying fish in the water, which was nice to see. At least at this time of day, it was quiet. Around 10:30am, people started arriving. One elderly non trim woman arrived and went into the water. She came out, went to her beach recliner and peeled off her top half of her bathing suit, and rested on her recliner. It wasn't what I was expecting. Not sure I can unsee that. Things are rather relaxed here, which I suppose is a lot better than being uptight. Pity it wasn't one of the pretty young ladies. Maybe later in the week.

On the way back we dropped by the pool and saw some family hanging out there. We planned a side trip to Delphi, which ought to be interesting.

Weather has been quite hot and dry, expecting the next few days to be about 96-97F. Yesterday was only 92F. Mid day the sand gets too hot to walk on. Actually, the sand isn't the greatest, since there's a bit of small pebbles and rocks mixed in. Tough for my adult tender feet. I'm trying to walk on it, but it's tough and slow going.

Circling around to the first paragraph, this relaxing stuff is hard. Hard as in just letting go of anything that's in the past, and just enjoying the moment. Not used to that. It seems that there's plenty of people here who are a lot better at it than me.

Last night there was a local group of Greek dancers that performed at 22:00. That was fun to watch. After that the discotheque started, we stayed a while, but went back to our room. I'm in mourning, since I lost my Mom recently, so no dancing for me this trip. Besides, I have two left feet. Somehow, the beat just doesn't connect to my feet! The French (the majority of the people here are French speaking) seem to love these late night sessions, me, I've had a long day already, so I'm ready to hit the hay. Since they stay up late, they miss the coolness and the beauty of the morning.
PXL_20230821_094118134.jpg
Toughing out another day in paradise.

Maybe one of you guys can help me find a way to fix my water shoes. I had a Keen sole delaminate when I went paddle boarding. I found the sole later in the day. At home, I'd use shoe goo for the repair. Any make shift repairs you can think of, that might be accessible on a Greek resort? It seems that the glue melted on the left shoe, and the right shoe in not far behind.
PXL_20230821_095050375.jpgPXL_20230821_095103415.jpg

Going to say, I'm not used to this relaxing stuff! Feels a bit weird to me, which probably means it's been way too long. After breakfast, we walked out to the far end of the beach. For quite a while, there was no one there, not a soul. We were in the shade, there was a nice breeze, and all one could hear was the little waves lapping against the shore. It was beautiful. I let myself sit on a recliner and closed my eyes for a while and just listened. It was relaxing, but just haven't been able to fully relax. I did do some stretches at the beach which helped. I wasn't about to join the yoga class nearby, although maybe I should try that tomorrow.

Later we saw some flying fish in the water, which was nice to see. At least at this time of day, it was quiet. Around 10:30am, people started arriving. One elderly non trim woman arrived and went into the water. She came out, went to her beach recliner and peeled off her top half of her bathing suit, and rested on her recliner. It wasn't what I was expecting. Not sure I can unsee that. Things are rather relaxed here, which I suppose is a lot better than being uptight. Pity it wasn't one of the pretty young ladies. Maybe later in the week.

On the way back we dropped by the pool and saw some family hanging out there. We planned a side trip to Delphi, which ought to be interesting.

Weather has been quite hot and dry, expecting the next few days to be about 96-97F. Yesterday was only 92F. Mid day the sand gets too hot to walk on. Actually, the sand isn't the greatest, since there's a bit of small pebbles and rocks mixed in. Tough for my adult tender feet. I'm trying to walk on it, but it's tough and slow going.

Circling around to the first paragraph, this relaxing stuff is hard. Hard as in just letting go of anything that's in the past, and just enjoying the moment. Not used to that. It seems that there's plenty of people here who are a lot better at it than me.

Last night there was a local group of Greek dancers that performed at 22:00. That was fun to watch. After that the discotheque started, we stayed a while, but went back to our room. I'm in mourning, since I lost my Mom recently, so no dancing for me this trip. Besides, I have two left feet. Somehow, the beat just doesn't connect to my feet! The French (the majority of the people here are French speaking) seem to love these late night sessions, me, I've had a long day already, so I'm ready to hit the hay. Since they stay up late, they miss the coolness and the beauty of the morning.
View attachment 457526
Toughing out another day in paradise.

Maybe one of you guys can help me find a way to fix my water shoes. I had a Keen sole delaminate when I went paddle boarding. I found the sole later in the day. At home, I'd use shoe goo for the repair. Any make shift repairs you can think of, that might be accessible on a Greek resort? It seems that the glue melted on the left shoe, and the right shoe in not far behind.
View attachment 457527View attachment 457528
My wife had Keens like that - Same problem, and as you said, Shoe Goo would normally fix it.
OTOH, resort vacations are for spending money - You could just buy new, like the beautiful people do :~)

My wife had Keens like that - Same problem, and as you said, Shoe Goo would normally fix it.
OTOH, resort vacations are for spending money - You could just buy new, like the beautiful people do :~)
Umm, I don't qualify for "beautiful people", I'm just a regular joe and retired. This is a once in a lifetime trip, as opposed to our lifestyle. I doubt we'd ever do this again.

If the resort had something useful and it was reasonably priced, I would have replaced them without thinking. I didn't see any footwear that was similar. What they have is over priced, but I guess that's no different from other places.

The resort was going to find me some shoe glue. My wife received a cryptic message that they couldn't get any today, but they would bring it to my room tomorrow. Who knows what that will show up tomorrow. Hope it will be useful.

Perhaps you can find and make friends with someone on the mainteance staff that does not ordinarily interface with guests. They would likely have a better understanding of what you were looking for or a local alternative to Shoe Goo.

Back