Does anyone have a Drill Doctor?

Well I found one for $324 for the small bits and end mills (3 through 15mm) Guess 'll need some ER20 collets for my imperial drills...what do you do for numbers and letters?? I guess use the next closest collet. I have very few over 1/2" or 12mm, but I am curious if I get, say an 18mm collet, will it work on this? Anyway I should have it in a week.

Well I found one for $324 for the small bits and end mills (3 through 15mm) Guess 'll need some ER20 collets for my imperial drills...what do you do for numbers and letters?? I guess use the next closest collet. I have very few over 1/2" or 12mm, but I am curious if I get, say an 18mm collet, will it work on this? Anyway I should have it in a week.

good for you, the closest collet is exactly how it works, no need for imperial collets

Last edited:
Guns - The "ER" in the name of these collets stands for "Extended Range." Each collet will collapse about 1mm. So if the set is complete for metric drills/mills, it should also be complete for fractional inch, number sizes, and (smaller) letter sizes as well. The overall range of ER-20 collets is up to 0.512" (13mm), so it surprises me that your end mill sharpener will go up to 15mm. The next series of ER collets, ER-25, does go up to 16mm. So be sure to verify the collet size before you but additional ones. Here's a handy chart of ER sizes and grip ranges:

Guns - The "ER" in the name of these collets stands for "Extended Range." Each collet will collapse about 1mm. So if the set is complete for metric drills/mills, it should also be complete for fractional inch, number sizes, and (smaller) letter sizes as well. The overall range of ER-20 collets is up to 0.512" (13mm), so it surprises me that your end mill sharpener will go up to 15mm. The next series of ER collets, ER-25, does go up to 16mm. So be sure to verify the collet size before you but additional ones. Here's a handy chart of ER sizes and grip ranges:
so the unit comes with collets to cover from 3 to 13 but states it will cover up to (15) does that require I purchased the 14 and 15 collets? Yes, but I already own those. BUUUUTTT.....and you can't make this shiz up...I received a FedEx tracking number but I also received an email that says my unit was damaged in shipping. IT HASENT EVEN MOVED YET! WHAT?? THEN....they say they will have more in on Nov 19th...that's today? They show they went from one left (the one I purchased) up to 2 quality today. I really hate dealing with these Chinese companies, but what's my option, pay 4 times the price for the American version.....that was made in China. It's not a big deal just a bit funny I guess. I'm gonna go beat a chunk of steel with a sledge hammer for a while.

Finally seem to have found the differences ...
Now all you need is a Chinglish-to-English dictionary!

I sometimes wonder if all those Chinese companies hire the same almost-English speaking translators. Or maybe it's (poorly done) translation software, and absolutely NO proofreading/checking of what amounts to idiot-level transliteration. Enquiring minds want to know!

Now all you need is a Chinglish-to-English dictionary!

I sometimes wonder if all those Chinese companies hire the same almost-English speaking translators. Or maybe it's (poorly done) translation software, and absolutely NO proofreading/checking of what amounts to idiot-level transliteration. Enquiring minds want to know!

It's Google Translate. 小鸡很谦虚的房子, see?

Its funny, once saw a knife and on the box it said, "not for sticking in old women or children"!
I did end up ordering the"B" version off Flea-bay...other than vintage tools, I don't like to use that place to order anything.

Back