Does anyone have a Drill Doctor?

It's odd they supply 2 sharpening wheels and they are both the same...if they gave one of each? This would even be a much bigger value.
As I said, I hate ebay, but this seller shipped quickly and the box it was it could have taken a direct hit from a BMG 50 cal.
FWIW... I can say this seller is on the up and up.
Seller

I read somewhere that Drill Doctor is a division of Darex. I have one and sometimes it works great and sometimes the grind angle is backwards and the cutting edge is high and heel low. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I read somewhere that Drill Doctor is a division of Darex. I have one and sometimes it works great and sometimes the grind angle is backwards and the cutting edge is high and heel low. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I have similar issues. I think it has to do with the flutes which are used to register the drill, I.e. if the flutes are not “standard” the grinding angles are wrong. After reading Hall I’m going to try to figure out what causes it.

I'm tempted to buy a Drill Doctor 750X after I've seen reviews of it on Yotube. Seems to be the consensus best/easiest way to re-sharpen dull drills.

I haven't seen any opinions stated yet by machinists. I was wondering if this tool is often used in the machining community.
I’ve been looking at one too. I don’t have problem hand sharpening the bigger drills by hand but I mostly use Small bits #48 #53 etc and I can barely see the thing if trying to sharpen by hand!

Drill doctors are limited to about 3/32” for the smallest bits, the collet assembly will hold

Ok, I thought the 2nd wheel supplied with my pacific rim special drill sharpener was another same CBN wheel (grit really APPEARS the same) but it’s an SDC so I can do HSS and Carbide. Nice!

@Buffalo21 Perhaps I found a limitation of the grinder and I believe you bought the small until (for smaller bits) as well as the larger one. I was sharpening a small bit (sub 1/8") and soon as that sombitch touched the grinder, it snapped. Grabbed another small bit and was SUPER cautious this time, same deal. Have you had similar? I'm thinking of maybe trying the lightest layer of oil on the bit or maybe it's something in the 1st step of aligning the web....that 1st step with the dial is a bit sketchy.

@Buffalo21 Perhaps I found a limitation of the grinder and I believe you bought the small until (for smaller bits) as well as the larger one. I was sharpening a small bit (sub 1/8") and soon as that sombitch touched the grinder, it snapped. Grabbed another small bit and was SUPER cautious this time, same deal. Have you had similar? I'm thinking of maybe trying the lightest layer of oil on the bit or maybe it's something in the 1st step of aligning the web....that 1st step with the dial is a bit sketchy.

probably why the smaller collets are made almost opposite of normal ER 20, with the precision holding area is at the back of the collet (compared to regular collets). The drill bit can not be allowed to flexed

Makes sense... Not extremely effective however. Might have to buy a lot cheap/small bits to practice on, see if I can figure out the issue. It really comes from when you put the bit holder into the grinding chamber, that initial "hit" just immediately shocks it enough to snap. Not really a way to slowly bring in in as the two mating surfaces have zero tolerance.

I basically throw bits below 3/32” away, they are dirt cheap

Back