Does anyone have a Drill Doctor?

Hopefully local support, the US office is a strip mall at the base of the bridge between Canada and the US, it’s about a block from one of the guys I use to work with.
Hopefully if you called you would get someone who spoke English or Canadian A :)

Roger L

I had one and it worked okay, Getting the bit in the proper position in the holder was hit and miss for me. I did successfully sharpen a load of bits, but it was a touch too fiddley for me.
Ditto....exactly what he said! Once in a while I'll do a "day" project just sharpening bits...some work, some don't. Can't explaini it..

Welp!! After being told it would be delivered between 11/17 - 11/24, the smaller MR-13B arrived by DHL currier at 1:30 pm, today. I’m in the process of getting ready for the trip to Kansas in the morning, but I had to try it out before I left. It work jut like the bigger MR-26A unit, the results were spectacular. The unit is about 1/3 the size and weight of the bigger unit. So dull drill bits in the 5/64” to 1-1/16” (2 mm - 26 mm) range, should no longer be an issue.

FAA69319-B2C0-47D8-B5C3-D3EF2B5E2062.jpegAA9E1D2E-FDF3-415C-B3FF-29123590BC4D.jpeg547DE4EC-719B-4133-8956-338AA586A9A1.jpeg90DD617B-37EA-409F-B9CA-31C5EB272F0C.jpeg

Last edited:
Welp!! After being told it would be delivered between 11/17 - 11/24, the smaller MR-13B arrived by DHL currier at 1:30 pm, today. I’m in the process of getting ready for the trip to Kansas in the morning, but I had to try it out before I left. It work jut like the bigger MR-26A unit, the results were spectacular. The unit is about 1/3 the size and weight of the bigger unit. So dull drill bits in the 5/64” to 1-1/16” (2 mm - 26 mm) range, should no longer be an issue.

View attachment 343354View attachment 343355View attachment 343356View attachment 343357
Glad it worked out. I've been happy with my DD but always good to have other options. Yours is supposed to sharpen end mills too? Curious how that works. I'm pretty iffy doing the end only with one of those 5c tilting surface grinder fixtures.

Bruce

There appears to be a MR-13A, MR-13B and a MR-13D. Anyone happen to know what the differences might be and if the differences are relevant\significant\worthwhile?

welp, after a days rest up from the trip to Kansas, i use the 2 new drill bit sharpeners, to sharpen about 75 drill bits from 1/4” to 3/4”, the results have been spectacular. This may be one of the best purchases, I’ve made in the last 4-5 yrs.

I have the entry level Drill Doctor, the DD350x.
$50 delivered to the house.
It leaves the drill tip pretty much like new, however it does not split the tip.
I already knew Darex makes a quality product, having used their large pedestal unit for about 20 yrs at my place of employment.
Has xlnt instructions, easy to use & I would purchase it again.

Man! I was a little hesitant to order, glad I put a link here...not only did someone jump in...they bought TWO. If that doesn't say good buy, I don't know what does. I'm waiting for the one I want at a affordable price (they vary A LOT!) to become available again. No doubt I'm jumping on it, but hoping it's will be one of the USA distributors but I'll take what I can get.

Very interesting that this general style of tool is suddenly showing up in several variations from a bunch of suppliers. Even Grizzly has jumped on the bandwagon Here's a drill bit sharpener ($650):
and an end mill sharpener ($829):
Now I have to wonder who "pioneered" the design!

Back