Cromwell S800 Mk3 lathe

Excellent progress. You have to be happy with the results so far.

Paul.

Thanks for the support guys. I feel like I have the project under control and can finish it to reasonable standard. Still a lot to do and I expect it will fill another page at least.

Rod

Started work on the speed control mechanism. I am going to make the parts on my 3D printer. First some tests to get a nice sliding fit linear bearing. These will slide on 2 1/4" stainless steel shafts.

IMG_2656.JPG IMG_2659.JPG IMG_2661.JPG

Last edited:
Working away at the parts for the speed control mechanism. Have drawn up most of the parts. Work in progress.

IMG_2664.JPG IMG_2665.JPG

Last edited:
Here is the potentiometer drive wheel

IMG_2669.JPG IMG_2670.JPG

Last edited:
I have the linear slider nearly finished.

IMG_2675-001.JPG

Last edited:
I have been working on the speed control mechanism. Have been making new parts to fine tune it. Nearly there now, just need to make the knob.

IMG_2678.JPG

Last edited:
Changed the filament to black and printed a speed control knob. Added a regulator to the control circuit, this gives me speed control in forward and reverse, servo on, and fault reset. Now need to print an enclosure for the transformer and circuit board and wire it up properly.

IMG_2681.JPG IMG_2682.JPG

Last edited:
Got the control knob installed. Am happy with the action.

IMG_2684.JPG

Last edited:
Started on the enclosure for the speed control electronics. Here is a screenshot of the base in Solidworks.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Back