Big ole wrenches!

I want to but 30⁰ 60⁰ angle wrenches but I don't want to buy a full set. What sizes are the most common in hydraulic work?
It depends. Are you using JIC, JIS, Inch Face Seal, Metric Face Seal, SAE Flare, BPP, DIN, or SAE O-Ring fittings? They all have different wrench sizes for fittings of the same tube size.

It depends. Are you using JIC, JIS, Inch Face Seal, Metric Face Seal, SAE Flare, BPP, DIN, or SAE O-Ring fittings? They all have different wrench sizes for fittings of the same tube size.
Just the most common for farm applications. Skid steers. John Deere. There has to be a ballpark range. There has to be some overlap.

Last edited:
The largest - 1 7/16 and smallest - 7/16 from my set of Williams.

Attachments

• 2023-11-17_08_43_00.jpg
    2023-11-17_08_43_00.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 6
This is a list from another website for hydraulics.
9/16, 11/16, 7/8, 1, 1 1/4, 1 3/8, 1 1/2
17, 19, 22, 24, 27, 30, 32, 36, 41

I have a couple of the cheap HF ones that I grind / mill out to make the odd sizes I run across in hydraulics.

Years ago, a neighbor sold me a huge (about 30" long) old wrench. The larger side has a 3 1/2" opening. I spent about a year looking for a nut or bolt that it would fit. Finally found a bridge(?) stud in a surplus store in the next town. I've since mounted the wrench, stud and nut on a display board in my shop. Here it is:

Attachments

• Big.wrench.2.JPG
    Big.wrench.2.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 15
With these shorter double end wrenches
Years ago, a neighbor sold me a huge (about 30" long) old wrench. The larger side has a 3 1/2" opening. I spent about a year looking for a nut or bolt that it would fit. Finally found a bridge(?) stud in a surplus store in the next town. I've since mounted the wrench, stud and nut on a display board in my shop. Here it is:
That's a big un!

Back