Big ole wrenches!

The 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, and 5/8 sizes I recommended are all sizes that fit standard nuts and bolts. I've used them pretty regularly on nuts and bolts. The 1/2 is common on some types of hydraulic fittings, and the others fit various tubing and pipe plugs, caps, or fittings.

There are so many types of connections out there, that you are bound to run into something that you don't expect. I just encountered some JIC fittings on a mini-excavator that uses O-ring face seal fittings on the basic hydraulic system. I have no idea why they would mix these up, but it made it easier to plug the lines when we took the stick off to weld up a crack, since I had the JIC caps and plugs in stock.

The 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, and 5/8 sizes I recommended are all sizes that fit standard nuts and bolts. I've used them pretty regularly on nuts and bolts. The 1/2 is common on some types of hydraulic fittings, and the others fit various tubing and pipe plugs, caps, or fittings.

There are so many types of connections out there, that you are bound to run into something that you don't expect. I just encountered some JIC fittings on a mini-excavator that uses O-ring face seal fittings on the basic hydraulic system. I have no idea why they would mix these up, but it made it easier to plug the lines when we took the stick off to weld up a crack, since I had the JIC caps and plugs in stock.
I carry 17mm and 19mm in angle wrenches for work. Sometimes they are the only way to turn a bolt to make an adjustment. I've had to use the 15⁰ open end on my combination wrench in coordination with the 30⁰ and 60⁰ on my angle wrench to get a task completed. Talk about patience....

I just decided to buy the Capri sets on Amazon. Little over $330 for both. I'm set up to 1" and 24mm.

If you guys have not looked into 30⁰/60⁰ angle wrenches....they will save your butt when nothing else will. I have direct experience.

Back