Big ole wrenches!

Batmanacw

Registered
Registered
I built my hobby shop with the thought that I could turn it into a business helping local farmers and businesses if I ever needed the income.

I asked a couple places what sizes of wrenches I would find most on tractors and hydraulics. I never got an answer.......so I bought them all....lol! Up to 2 1/4".

One of my hobbies is scrolling on Ebay when I'm bored in hotel rooms and airports. I decided to find the best deals I could on wrenches bigger than the 1" I had. I don't remember the price of each combination wrench but I paid between $15 and $40. Only one is a Chinese Husky. The majority are USA made and a few Taiwanese.

The single end wrenches are a handy size for tight spaces. I bought several from Ebay and the local flea market. I didn't pay much for any of them.

Storage is a problem with wrenches this big. Big hooks with several wrenches makes them hard to access. This solution filled a bare wall and made them easier to grab. It also moved them into my fabrication shop where I tear stuff down and put it back together.

20231113_204702.jpg

20231113_204733.jpg

20231113_204745.jpg

If you guys told me which to buy I wouldn't have all of them! Lol!

I know they will get dirty....I don't mind.

The small one to the left is 1 1/16". The 25mm to the right of the big 2" is 25mm. Those are some big wrenches.

Nice set. You have done well.

Next... a 3/4" and 1 " impact and sockets for the stubborn corroded 1-1/4" bolts torqued to 500 pounds. Some torches for heat. 250-pound torque wrench, 600-pound torque wrench, some pry bars, 24" Crescent wrench. I can spend your money all day if you like! :big grin:
Martin

I love wrenches also . I made up a rack very similar to yours using 80/20 to hang a few of them but never hung it up . It would have to go the length of the garage to hold them all .

If you happen to find “ crow foot “ wrenches at reasonable prices , they will come in handy doing hydraulic work on lines , think trying to get a line off a control valve on a backhoe . They will take slight use with impact guns , Al least the better quality ones that I’ve used .

Nice set. You have done well.

Next... a 3/4" and 1 " impact and sockets for the stubborn corroded 1-1/4" bolts torqued to 500 pounds. Some torches for heat. 250-pound torque wrench, 600-pound torque wrench, some pry bars, 24" Crescent wrench. I can spend your money all day if you like! :big grin:
Martin
I got the 3/4" impact sockets and a bar for them. I have the big high torque 1/2" Milwaukee impact. I have a 250# torque wrench but not a 600.
Lots of prybars and a big ole adjustable wrench.

Not too bad so far.

If you happen to find “ crow foot “ wrenches at reasonable prices , they will come in handy doing hydraulic work on lines , think trying to get a line off a control valve on a backhoe . They will take slight use with impact guns , Al least the better quality ones that I’ve used .
I bought a standard size set and a large set that goes up to 2". Tekton if that matters.

I love wrenches also . I made up a rack very similar to yours using 80/20 to hang a few of them but never hung it up . It would have to go the length of the garage to hold them all .
I figured for a few hundred bucks I would never be in a situation where I need to work on something and all I have is a couple adjustable wrenches. It's just so cheesy.

Back