Big ole wrenches!

LMAO . Just ran the wife's car up to the shop 30 seconds away from us . The Matco tool truck pulled in . I asked him if he needed anything . :grin:
Are the majority of hydraulic fittings still SAE? I haven't played much since I was a teenager on the farm.

They make everything these days . Majority are SAE but the DOD uses many special fittings requiring porting tools . Older farm and garden stuff if most often off the shelf items . One line I blew years ago they wanted $179 for a replacement . I spent $2500 on the lines and die sets and saved that $179 ! :grin: It's a sickness . :eek:

Since you have crowfeet this air hammer tool has been discontinued but might make a nice project . This is just an example of how it might be used . Ive even used one to loosen up an air condition condenser line on a truck where I couldn’t fit a large wrench between the condenser and grill .

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 19
Since you have crowfeet this air hammer tool has been discontinued but might make a nice project .
Gotta say I've never seen that tool . Looks like an air impact end on that , is that correct ?

That adjustable wrench in the tractor toolbox looks mighty fine when the tractor breaks down and you're a half a mile away from the shop, An adjustable wrench plus a pair of Vise Grips have permanent residences in the tractor tool boxes.
I remember. I grew up working on my brother in laws farm. I miss it.

The guy I purchased the 20-Ton press from, gave me all the big wrenches he had... A few made in China, but most USA or German...

Right now they are in a box under the press until I get the shop built... not sure when I will have a need for them, but that is okay...

Wrench-2.jpeg
Wrench-1.jpeg

Back