Best QCTP for 10" Logan

Re: Best QCTP for 10" Logan

I'm using 1/2" tooling with AXA on my Logan 9" and it works just fine. No where near being out of adjustability.

OK AXA is what l will go with.
How did you machine the bottom "Sliding Nut" were you able to use your lathe or do you have a mill?
Sorry if this was covered here, I have CRS.
Thanks,
Tony

Well, went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Phase II at Enco.
Used the -10% off and free shipping codes DMTEN and DMSHIP, For a total of $167.36

890-9636110$167.36 ea$167.36

Well, went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Phase II at Enco.
Used the -10% off and free shipping codes DMTEN and DMSHIP, For a total of $167.36

890-9636
$167.36 ea
$167.36

Nice choice. You will only really apperciate them after using a lantern post or one of the holders in your pic :)

How did you machine the bottom "Sliding Nut" were you able to use your lathe or do you have a mill?

Since I have no working mill I did mine on the lathe with an end mill. I have a Palmgren milling attachment and a 5C collet chuck to hold the end mill. On my Shars QCTP the nut was both too thick and too wide. I milled the nut so that it was shaped more or less like an inverted "T" so that the bottom of the "T" just fits in the upper part of the compound slot and the upper part of the "T" just fits in the lower part of the compound.

I can provide pictures if you want.

Since I have no working mill I did mine on the lathe with an end mill. I have a Palmgren milling attachment and a 5C collet chuck to hold the end mill. On my Shars QCTP the nut was both too thick and too wide. I milled the nut so that it was shaped more or less like an inverted "T" so that the bottom of the "T" just fits in the upper part of the compound slot and the upper part of the "T" just fits in the lower part of the compound.

I can provide pictures if you want.

Yeah, shoot a picture if you would, I think I understand, but..........
I don't have collets for mine, I do have a milling attachment, but I never used it.
It might be good to see what I can do with it.
This lathe did not come with collets, but it did come with a milling attachment, I don't know how he was holding the mills.
I wish this guy was around to help me, he seemed like he knew what he was doing.
This was the PO before the PO.
I don't know if there's any chance one of the t nuts from one of my old tool holders would fit, from the one like I posted the picture. The tool holder type that Chuck B. commented on.

"T" Nut For QCTP Pictures

Here are some pictures of my "T" nut, I'm sure the people with real mills could do a much better job but it works! The droplets are cutting oil not water. This was the first thing I did with the milling attachment, I have gotten better!

small_qctp1.JPG small_qctp2.JPG small_qctp3.JPG

looks good. I'm going to have to see if I can use my milling attachment.
I will try to post pic's of it in a few days.
I did this for the block under a wood lathe tool rest banjo, but you can take 2 pieces of steel the right width, and cut them to length, and "Vee" the ends and weld them together. Drill through both, and tap.

looks good. I'm going to have to see if I can use my milling attachment.
I will try to post pic's of it in a few days.
I did this for the block under a wood lathe tool rest banjo, but you can take 2 pieces of steel the right width, and cut them to length, and "Vee" the ends and weld them together. Drill through both, and tap.

I am making one on the lathe right now, till I get my er chuck to hold collets.
Can you verify the stud that comes with the Phase II is a 14mm X1.5 thread. I will have to buy a 14 mm tap if that is the case.
Thanks,
Tony

I think that's what it is.
I will have to buy a tap now. My set only goes up to 12 MM .

Is 1/2" drill OK for the hole before I tap it.
One chart I looked at said it was, and one was blank. One said 12.5 and one said 12.7 (12.7 comes out to 1/2)
Thanks,
Tony

I am making one on the lathe right now, till I get my er chuck to hold collets.
Can you verify the stud that comes with the Phase II is a 14mm X1.5 thread. I will have to buy a 14 mm tap if that is the case.
Thanks,
Tony

Drilled it out to 1/2"
Have to get a 14 X 1.5 Tap, need a 1/2" X 20 tpi too for the delta sander.
pictures of it.

I think that's what it is.
I will have to buy a tap now. My set only goes up to 12 MM .

Is 1/2" drill OK for the hole before I tap it.
One chart I looked at said it was, and one was blank. One said 12.5 and one said 12.7 (12.7 comes out to 1/2)
Thanks,
Tony

DSCF0704 T Nut Save.jpg DSCF0700 T Nut Save.JPG

Back