Beer, Who Drinks And Wot?

if i could get this here I would drink it every day...

328456_324153084276536_2076602518_o.jpg

Not beer, I don't think. Looks like advocaat. Never had it but sounds good. (Egg liquor- eggs, brandy, sugar, etc. like amped up egg nog)

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn good eggnog..good strong kick

Mmmmm......
Last few years I've been making mine (from scratch egg nog) with a generous amount of Drambuie, yum

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy beers. Actually, mostly ales. Something that when you are done you know you really tasted something! I used to like Guinness, but the stuff they have in bottles here now is barely a shadow of a good old Guinness on tap at a pub that I still remember, with the tiny foam bubbles. We have really good brews here nowadays in Sacramento. I like IPA, double IPA, Imperial IPA, Imperial stout, and really in your face custom stouts. I would rather drink tap water than Bud, Coors, Miller, Corona or any of the other p1ss waters out there. Double thumbs down on the lite versions.
For hard stuff, the go to drink is a good single malt Scotch, neat. Must be due to my ancestry. I am half German, a quarter Irish, and a fifth Scotch! If that doesn't add up for 'ya, too bad, family secret... 8^)

-Bob Korves (four on the floor and fifth in the glove box ;-)

Fully agreed on the beer topic, especially re: Guiness. For me, Scotch not so much.

I don't always drink beer. But when I do, I prefer Shiner Bock. Stay thirsty, my friends. ;)

Tom

I would rather drink tap water than Bud, Coors, Miller, Corona or any of the other p1ss waters out there. Double thumbs down on the lite versions.

-Bob Korves (four on the floor and fifth in the glove box ;-)

When one goes to a bar/restaurant and all they have is the above, it shows that they are only catering to the young new drinkers that do not know any better or have no taste buds. I would order ice tea instead and hope the food is better than the beer selection.
Pierre

When one goes to a bar/restaurant and all they have is the above, it shows that they are only catering to the young new drinkers that do not know any better or have no taste buds. I would order ice tea instead and hope the food is better than the beer selection.
Pierre
A lot of people do not really like alcohol except for getting drunk on it. The less taste it has, the better. I gave that up several decades ago. One or occasionally two really good tasting brews and I am good. If it does not taste excellent, it is not worth the extra calories.

Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold for me. Ran across it while working a job in Cleveland and luckily can get it here in Charlotte. Agree about the big names. I don't drink much, but when I do I go for quality

Chip

Back