Beer, Who Drinks And Wot?

TommyD

Registered
Registered
Being a New Englander Sam Adams is tops on my list, but i especially enjoy IPA's from whoever, I like microbrews. Beer snob? Been out west and enjoyed Fat Tire. Wife made swear off tequila and wine mellows me out but gives me heartburn :confused 3: Capt'ns and coke, yum.

Jim Beam Rye whiskey straight up with water back. Myers dark rum in a mixed drink.
I like to try the Irish single malts when out to dinner. BUT only when I ain't driving.
On a hot Florida day any beer will do as long as it's ice cold.
***Drink responsibly or don't drink at all.***Gator********

Agreed, Sam Adams is up on my list as well, other favorites are Guinness Stout, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Chimay Ale.
Thats when I'm not drinking my # 1 Gin Martinis....

IPA cuts the "crud" in your mouth on a hot summer day. Yuengling lager and Sam Adams Boston Lager are at the top of the list. Tried PBR again recently and could buy that again. Rum and coke is good also.

I drank it all in my youth, killer, pud lite, miller and, <shudder>Canadian Ace, the first beer I have ever seen that came in a 1 gallon jug. Made wildgrape and trawberry wine as a kid.

Never got the taste for scotch ,thought it could gag a maggot. My PERSONAL opinion

I have drank almost everything in my semi long life but PBR's. The day I could have fulfilled that error was Halloween when my neighbor hooked up a trailer to his tractor and towed about 2 dozen of us around our neighborhood for trick or treat. I had a tummy ache:eek:

Wait a few years and your taste will change. Stuff I liked as a kid does not taste the same. I think as you get older your taste buds under go a change also.
***G***

I hope it happens quick, I ain't patient and hope I can annoy my neighbors for a lot of years.

As a kid I could swizzle down a lot of foul tasting drinks. As I age, I just don't have the patience.

When I was a "kid" (18-20) I would make a concoction:
Fill a 2 quart wide mouth, screw top container with ice, add:
One quart (back then) of 190 proof Grain Alcohol (Everclear brand preferred)
One 4 oz jar of instant coffee (Tasters Choice brand preferred)
about a half pound of sugar, to taste.
Screw cap on tight and shake, serve as shots.
Being a child of the cold war, I called "ICBM", Indeed total annihilation....

I'm somewhat partial to Cricketers Arms Pale Ale at the moment and if I go to Brisbane then its Pacific Pale Ale (cant get it here)
I'm very partial to rum and port mixed, But my favorite tipple is the good ole G&T made the following way.
my gin and tonic is made in a litre stein - place glass and gin in the freezer for at least two hours (I keep mine there when not in use)
Place the tonic in the freezer till the tonic is just about to freeze but doesnt.
Meanwhile use a veg peeler to peel the zest off a whole lemon, Juice the lemon.
When ready place the peel in the stein and pound it well with the handle of a wooden spoon, add large ice cubes approx half way up the glass, add the juice from the lemon, cover with gin (it should crackle if the gin is cold enough) top up with the tonic, its at least 4 measures gin or more.
Lay back in your favorite chair and consume with relish (not that weird stuff in jars)
Then you can say with all honesty that you only had one drink

Back