Beer, Who Drinks And Wot?

I drink local beer. Rising Tide, Allagash, Sebago, Gearys, Austin Street, Foundation, Bissell Brothers, Bunker, Banded Horn, Maine Beer Company, Shipyard, Barreled Souls, Liquid Riot all brewed within 20 miles of my house. If I get bored there are more than 40 other breweries in Maine. Almost every restaurant and pub has multiple local beers on tap. Buying local creates more jobs (both at the brewery and places like this http://www.tigpro.com/) and keeps the economy churning. Besides the beer is great!

My everyday beer is Upper Canada Lager.......a decent beer at a good price.
My favourite beer is Guinness draft.

I do enjoy trying all manner of different beers....only found one I didn't like (Molson Porter); it tasted okay, just had let's say a cleansing affect on me.

My weakness is Gibson's Finest 12 year old Canadian whiskey and water.

-brino

Haven't had a drink in over 20 years. It's really surprising how much better I feel. I drink water now.

"Billy G"

IMO that is a smart choice...

About a decade ago... I chose to significantly lower the amount of alcoholic beverage I consumed... as yes, replace it and other liquids with di-hydrogen-monoxide... :grin:

Yes, I feel a lot better most days... other than when I put too many hours in on too little sleep.

Before I forget:
Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year
To all the folks at HM forum!

Guinness Stout on tap when in the UK of course! Bailey's Irish Cream, more Guinness, a good wine and my lady is all I need when home.
Pierre
A man after my own heart. A good stout or Imperial Porter are high on my list. Don't care much for most of the big name commercial beers. I go to a local (1 1/2 hour away) brew pub when I really want a good one. The Rocking Rabbit Brew Pub in Mount Dora. Best beer around IMHO. But for the most part I drink Bourbon.

I am partial to Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA.
when I was tipping a few money was short so a buddy and my self got into gobels made n frankinmuth mi.69 cents a 6 pack not 3/2 beer not much taste either. we said when they raise it to a 1.00 a 6 pack we were going to quite and go on the wagon well 40 yrs latter. the price is not 69 cents or a buck. and still have a good cold miller lite and some times get carried away. big hurts on the morrow gotogojo

I am partial to Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA.
I really enjoy this one also but it's definitely a "one with or before my meal"
More than two I'm horizontal.

Last 5-6 years I've been keeping a 12 of Stella in the bar fridge and go thru 2-3 a week. Seems like a happy medium between the pee water domestic stuff and over the top heavy craft and imports.
Hopefully it doesn't go the way of formerly 1/2 decent beers where they cheapen it little by little to the point of swill.

Hopefully it doesn't go the way of formerly 1/2 decent beers where they cheapen it little by little to the point of swill.

I gotta agree with that! There is so much consolidation in the big name beers right now I suspect when the bean-counters see they can squeeze a few cents out of every can/bottle, they will and also manage to decrease the flavour and quality at the same time.

The only saving grace is the plethora of wonderful small and micro breweries.

-brino

Back