Beer, Who Drinks And Wot?

Sorry guys, it was a joke, as there are "Irish pubs" proudly advertised everywhere but Ireland. This was an English pub in Ireland.
A shandy is half bitter and half lemonade.
After years of commercial crap beers in the UK the "Campaign for real ale" started. Now there are heaps of small boutique beers around with real taste.

No problem It was the early 80s when I was in England. And if not mistaken their lemonade a lot of time was like our 7up, not what we call lemonade here in the states. At times they were a bit confusing over there.

I quit drinking when my son was born, almost 25 years ago now. Before that is a different story.

Although the way work has been going lately I have been thinking of picking it back up again.:bipolar:

Mike.

I don't drink beer often but when I do I prefer free beer, of the other persons type.

I quit drinking when my son was born, almost 25 years ago now. Before that is a different story.

Although the way work has been going lately I have been thinking of picking it back up again.:bipolar:

Mike.

If you've gone 25 years, don't start now no matter what happens at work, you know the beer/booze will just make things worse in the end.

Mike.

I did the same thing when my first kid was born. Although I was never much of a drinker i decided I never want to be in a position where I couldn't make the best decision for her. That was 19 years ago.....haven't missed it once.

I've always loved draught Guiness, pulled up, not pushed up by gas. Then Gin and tonic. Cider is good but very variable. When I lived in Somerset ("...where the zider apples grow...") the local cider known as scrumpy was terrific and VERY VERY powerful. When out for a ride one weekend I went passed a farm entrance with a crudely hand painted sign that said "Farmyard Scrumpy 50p a gallon, bring your own bucket". I nearly fell of my motorbike. At the time 50p would have been about US$1

I've always loved draught Guiness, pulled up, not pushed up by gas. Then Gin and tonic. Cider is good but very variable. When I lived in Somerset ("...where the zider apples grow...") the local cider known as scrumpy was terrific and VERY VERY powerful. When out for a ride one weekend I went passed a farm entrance with a crudely hand painted sign that said "Farmyard Scrumpy 50p a gallon, bring your own bucket". I nearly fell of my motorbike. At the time 50p would have been about US$1

mmmm, miss Guiness most of all (damn statins have put me off alcohol pretty much altogether)

O000h Arrr, oi remember thart scrumpy stuff, a pub I used to go to wouldnt sell it by the pint unless they knew you.
One winter a mate of mine had a few and was fine, till he hit the cold air outside, t-i-m-b-e-rrrrrrr

O000h Arrr, oi remember thart scrumpy stuff, a pub I used to go to wouldnt sell it by the pint unless they knew you.
One winter a mate of mine had a few and was fine, till he hit the cold air outside, t-i-m-b-e-rrrrrrr
Yep, one day at lunchtime, I was in Bath, walking towards me was an old bloke, probably 65 to 70 (crikey that's my age now.....) he was colliding with a wall on one side and the handrail on the other, looking somewhat vacant. The guy I was with said "....that's what a pint of scrumpy a day for 50 years will do......"
cheers
Bill

Back