Beer, Who Drinks And Wot?

Beer: generally Rickards or Sleeman. Hook Norton "Old Hooky" when I can get it.

Wine: generally, Italian reds.

Harder stuff: pretty much just rum/rhum

:)

Last edited:
I like Corona. No I love Corona, it's great to chase tequila with.

Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold for me. Ran across it while working a job in Cleveland and luckily can get it here in Charlotte. Agree about the big names. I don't drink much, but when I do I go for quality
Chip

I love most of the Great Lakes lineup. Too bad it's not available in Georgia.

I went to Ohio for Thanksgiving and brought home a couple of cases of porter and a case of Oktoberfest. It'll be a challenge, metering it out over the next year when we go back...

Lablatts Blue . Saranac ales . I always stock up when I'm in the Adirondacks although they seem to never make it back to Md . One of the Ommegang beers out of Cooperstown wasn't bad but it was a bit pricey for my habits . When up at the property and the beer just don't do the trip , Boones Farm Wild Mountain Berry hits the spot around the fire . Well whatcha expect on a machinist wage ? LMAO .

I went to a pub in Ireland and wasnt impressed with the beer, It was warm, weak and tasteless, the food was awful and the service appalling.
When I went outside I noticed it said "Genuine English pub"

I went to a pub in Ireland and wasnt impressed with the beer, It was warm, weak and tasteless, the food was awful and the service appalling.
When I went outside I noticed it said "Genuine English pub"
Guinness used to be very good beer. Now it is just so-so or less. I am not sure whether they dumbed it down or if it is because the craft beers around here just keep getting better and amazingly better. Probably both. The old Guinness had a froth of tiny bubbles that was not equaled by any of the other brewers, now it is gone. And before, it had TASTE. Now, diluted urine, like most factory beers today.

Have not drank much beer in a long time, but I remember some of the pubs in England when stationed there years ago, Some of the beer was almost as dark as coffee, and it had taste. I though maybe he got what they use to call a shanty. (beer that was watered down with their version of 7up or something).

Back