2016 POTD Thread Archive

There should be a tapatalk sticky explaining how to post pics that work

Is it a tapatalk problem? I often have to repost photos when I get the red X and Im using a Mac desk top.

Greg

Had a guy show up with an old Roulette wheel from the 40's. A nice looking piece that was missing most of the spindle parts, but he took the time to draw up the needed parts. The spindle required a custom made top nut (bronze) with a through hole tapped for a thumb leveling screw as well as main shaft that required threading. I happened to have all materials to complete the job. The cool part was having my son present for all operations and he turned and threaded the main shaft himself (first time on a lathe). It took a little longer but worth the effort as he learned several machining operations. I did change the pivot design from the drawing to include a small ball bearing for the spindle to rest on allowing a nice "free spin". IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0028.JPG I was able to use the new collet block for the hex cut on the top nut. I can't believe it took me so long to purchase the collet blocks. All in all a great day!
Turn and burn!
Paco

There should be a tapatalk sticky explaining how to post pics that work
Unfortunately the answer seems to be "don't post pictures with Tapatalk". This forum seems to be proxying images located on 3rd party sites, and images uploaded via Tapatalk go to a Tapatalk CDN server, not this forum. Tapatalk's CDN seems to be blocking this server, probably because it isn't setting a referrer header.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys uploading picture with tapatalk is easier with a phone I didn't know it didn't work any longer ? I straighten things up with my laptop.

The photo is showing up in Tapatalk, dunno about web browser.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Logged on this morning and saw the pic just fine, don't know if there was a change or someone fixed but thanks.
by the way EB, I like your setup for polishing the barrel. Do you start with a large grit and keep working smaller grit, or just start with small and polish it.

Back