2016 POTD Thread Archive

sanddan

Active User
Registered
Finished up the x axis DRO scale on the PM1340GT and got the z axis scale mounted. I need some material for the read head mount so that's it for today unless I get motivated to do some cleaning (which doesn't seem likely).

lathe x axis1.JPG
lathe x axis2.JPG
lathe z axis1.JPG

Looks like the jig I made the other day worked.

IMG_2007.jpgwho'd sell his long ded relatives if it could keep his income stream going

Greg

;) It looks like you messed up Greg ........ It should go zig zag ..not zag zig along the stringers :p

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

Can I ask a favour, swingarm pivot to wheel spindle distance? I've been thinking about putting a Venture swingarm on my VMax to get a monoshock back end as a possible alternative to modding the original (lengthening and bracing, which would involve a lot of welding and making a longer drive shaft...)
Dave H. (the other one)

Sorry it took a while to get back. It's roughly 19 1/4" from the pivot to the axle centers on the RH arm.

2002+ RSV is supposed to be around 2 inches longer. The Vmax forum has more info on that.

:)

image.jpeg I finished up one of my wife's Christmas presents a little late, but better late than never. I made her a meat tenderizer after since last time she needed her crappy cast aluminum one she couldn't find it. This one I made out of 304 stainless for the faces, 6061 aluminum for the handle and brass for the cross bar. image.jpegimage.jpeg

OK so I am starting a tool rest for a 8" bench grinder I just picked up. Well so far I have a rough design, and have started on the Mounting bracket. I am thinking of a Harold Hall style table, but I plan on making it mount to the original tool rest brackets. I will do this by flipping them upside down, then running a 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 angle between both and building off of this.

Still not settled on the table. Anyone got any great designs for a rest?

Yes I will post some photos as I go. But don't expect anything ground breaking.

Mark

Last edited:
Back