What Did You Buy Today?

I have 3 now, my last one was the 300ml(? 3.25" across the bottom), I like that one the best so far. You will need to switch out the gasket if you refill a lot, I used the appropriate O ring from an assortment kit.
I like the Gummy Bears too...

This came in today... found it funny that they included some gummy bears...

Can't remember what I order the other day, but it was a tool for sure... came with a bag of M&Ms :D
Hopefully those Haribo gummy bears aren't the sugar-free kind. Those are an internet legend for their side effect (have a book handy to read). There was so much viral story telling about them that Haribo stopped making the sugar-free ones (according to Google). Some of the reviews are quite humorous though I suspect there may be some cases of "not letting the truth stand in the way of a good story".

Bruce

Hopefully those Haribo gummy bears aren't the sugar-free kind. Those are an internet legend for their side effect (have a book handy to read). There was so much viral story telling about them that Haribo stopped making the sugar-free ones (according to Google). Some of the reviews are quite humorous though I suspect there may be some cases of "not letting the truth stand in the way of a good story".

Bruce
Looks like I missed out on those :D

These have 46 grams of sugar…

EB8BF20F-7F15-4DFF-890D-8D3346FA267A.jpeg

Last edited:
Minor delivery today. 1/2" Sierra American saw arbor and a couple of 2" saw blades that are more in line with my mill's low speed/torque capabilities.
PXL_20220125_153154522.jpg
Unrelated: Later in the week, expecting delivery of some cast iron. Hope to make a diamond dresser holder out of one chunk, and a zero set back plate from the other. Cast iron is not cheap! Having never made a back plate, and never turning cast iron, I expect it to be an adventure. Been reading lots of posts on making back plates, so have some idea what to do, but there's a BIG difference between reading and doing! Once I get the iron, I'll start a HM thread on it.

Minor delivery today. 1/2" Sierra American saw arbor and a couple of 2" saw blades that are more in line with my mill's low speed/torque capabilities.
View attachment 393671
Unrelated: Later in the week, expecting delivery of some cast iron. Hope to make a diamond dresser holder out of one chunk, and a zero set back plate from the other. Cast iron is not cheap! Having never made a back plate, and never turning cast iron, I expect it to be an adventure. Been reading lots of posts on making back plates, so have some idea what to do, but there's a BIG difference between reading and doing! Once I get the iron, I'll start a HM thread on it.
The best recommendation I got when I was doing the back plate was to place a paint brush behind the cutter… made a world of difference in dust control… I used a magnetic holder to keep it in place…

A2473543-DD87-4FB1-9182-B5CAFC124129.jpeg

IMG_2464.jpeg
IMG_2460.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought an AR Warner 1/2" HSS parting tool. I've never felt the love for the 250-107 AXA parting tool holders,
and while I have a Dorian parting tool that takes inserts which I like, I wanted something else in HSS. The
kit includes the tool, a HSS blade and an Allen wrench. (China tool holder not included.). Obviously not for big jobs with heavy
cuts, but I've used it 5-6 times in the last few weeks and I'm completely satisfied. It's a good size for my 10" lathe. Recommended.

IMG_1771.jpeg

Last edited:
I have always been lazy about draining water from my compressor. So I got this automatic drain system:

It has lots of different operational modes, and I'm thinking that every time I switch power on to the compressor, it drains for a few seconds. I have a remote switch for the compressor and normally turn it on in the AM and off if I'm not in the shop.

It looks pretty easy to hook up.
1643138553376.png

I have always been lazy about draining water from my compressor. So I got this automatic drain system:

It has lots of different operational modes, and I'm thinking that every time I switch power on to the compressor, it drains for a few seconds. I have a remote switch for the compressor and normally turn it on in the AM and off if I'm not in the shop.

It looks pretty easy to hook up.
View attachment 393694

I understand the desire for an automated drain.
I guess the strainer is intended to protect the valve.
Now you have to remember to clean the strainer periodically.
No free lunch.

Back