What Did You Buy Today?

Nice, I've been keeping my eye out for one of those for a welding/frame building table. May end up making one. I'm betting you will get a lot of use out of it. It's nice to be able to do things at a comfortable height. Mike

I bought this off Marketplace this morning. It’s an older one seems heavy , 6000 lb .

I bought this off Marketplace this morning. It’s an older one seems heavy , 6000 lb . If anyone recognizes the brand there no manufacturers name , at least I did fine one yet . The boss is checking it over lol The neighbor helped me unload it . If you’re wondering why we have the garage door op it because inside is 27 degrees and 36 outside lol

Nice piece of equipment.

Does it have positive mechanical locking features that will prevent it dropping in case of a catastrophic air system/cylinder failure?
If it does, please use them without fail (pun acceptable).
If it does not, please use it for lifting only and support the load by some other suitable means.

Yes it has lock but only one .. I would like to have multiple stops , it’s supposed to be warmer Tuesday if you can call a high of 36 degrees warm lol

The newer mid rise ones have multiple stops , on the above ground lifts I’ve used it comes in handy working in different positions, say lowering to install tires comes to mind first . I’m sure it will be similar with this one.

A few ebay purchases...

A Shars lathe insert holder for TPG 321/322 inserts...

20220124_075452.jpg

2 Niagara radius cutters... ¼" radius, one right hand, one left hand...

20220124_075512.jpg

And a Starrett 1-½" to 32" tubular ID mic set...

20220124_075713.jpg

-Bear

TPG 321/322 old school. did you have a bunch of old stock?

No, the TPG inserts are just inexpensive, multipurpose inserts... I have boring bars and an indexable end mill already.

I've used them on several different materials from aluminum to cast iron to inconel and 17-4 ph.

-Bear

Lucky day for me
i bought 2 new marine stereo systems (including amps) for $20
some one wanted new systems for his boat, then change his mind an bought a different system. I happen to go to the shop at the right time.
Next
I stopped at a machine ship to ask if they had any used lathe/ milling machine tool.
he gave me 2 new cut off bits, free
he did asking for me if I new anyone Looking for large lathe bits,
1” shanks ( no camera so no picture)

Back