What Did You Buy Today?

Wanted to try one of these....

View attachment 392892

Reilang R003 MERKUR Precision Oiler with Double Pump R003-253 200ml
don't do it... they are addicting. I bought one years ago at a machinists estate sale. I love it. It's a great little oiler. If I were a pro, I would probably have more. But I like my various oilers, I like the ones that don't leak better than the ones that leak :rolleyes: but in the end they all leak , just to various different stages.

don't do it... they are addicting. I bought one years ago at a machinists estate sale. I love it. It's a great little oiler. If I were a pro, I would probably have more. But I like my various oilers, I like the ones that don't leak better than the ones that leak :rolleyes: but in the end they all leak , just to various different stages.
I have a couple of these...

IMG_4132.jpeg

And a few of the spillmaster oil cups... still new... I have been waiting for when the lathe and mill are in their permanent location before using these...

3896-1.480.jpg

So figured I would only order one of those Reilang just to try it out...

I have seen a few videos of oil cups made from many different things... pretty cool stuff. So eventually I want to make mine as well...

As I learn to use the lathe and mill, I keep feeling that using an oil cup with a brush is the way to go for me... so not going crazy with the oilers as those will only be use to oil the ways and oil ports.

Wanted to try one of these....

View attachment 392892

Reilang R003 MERKUR Precision Oiler with Double Pump R003-253 200ml
Please report how it works out. I almost went that way when prepping out my lathe space but I wanted 5. One for each required oil and one for Oatey Dark...that got spendy quick so I punted. I embellished mine with some stamped brass medallions.

P1060684.jpg

Please report how it works out. I almost went that way when prepping out my lathe space but I wanted 5. One for each required oil and one for Oatey Dark...that got spendy quick so I punted. I embellished mine with some stamped brass medallions.

View attachment 392912
The tags are a great idea,.. nothing harder to label than an oil can :)

Well ladies, I bought nail polish :grin: and a new workshop light. that one on the right shows up as pink but it's a bright orange.
now hoping to mark some tooling.

All from wally world.
The light is 5000 lumens, and was only $4 more than the 3200 lumens, so I figured why not. Also only 45 watts, compared to the horror fright's 5000 at 60 watts. But I am showing .44 amps on 120v , so it's a liar it's 52.8 watts. but still not bad for how bright it is.
20220120_123203.jpg20220120_123424.jpg20220119_205516.jpg

Back