What Did You Buy Today?

@yota

Holy crow thats bad for a casting to be that rough, hidden or not!! Why do I get the feeling the castings have a porosity issue?

Hmmm...looks quite well made and sturdy.

But on the other hand, it's a rebadged Chinese fella. My post above was really just a bit of a whinge about Mitutoyo not having a 100 mm dial calipers offering.

On the other, other hand, if I wanted, at that price, I could buy a few of these to be a 'don't need to go and lie down in a darkened room if I drop it' thing and you'd expect Haas to be reasonably picky about what they sell.

On the other, other, other, hand Dasqua (who provide reasonably decent quality at a good price) do offer a 100 mm product (thank you @verbotenwhisky for adding a further variable into the mix :grin:) and RDG sell them (but they're £35).

Hmmm...

Ah balls...Hass doesn't ship to the UK (or not this product at least).

Eh...maybe I'll grab a Dasqua and see how long it lasts.

Thank you @ChazzC and @verbotenwhisky for the suggestions.:)

Hmmm...looks quite well made and sturdy.

But on the other hand, it's a rebadged Chinese fella. My post above was really just a bit of a whinge about Mitutoyo not having a 100 mm dial calipers offering.

On the other, other hand, if I wanted, at that price, I could buy a few of these to be a 'don't need to go and lie down in a darkened room if I drop it' thing and you'd expect Haas to be reasonably picky about what they sell.

On the other, other, other, hand Dasqua (who provide reasonably decent quality at a good price) do offer a 100 mm product (thank you @verbotenwhisky for adding a further variable into the mix :grin:) and RDG sell them (but they're £35).

Hmmm...

Ah balls...Hass doesn't ship to the UK (or not this product at least).

Eh...maybe I'll grab a Dasqua and see how long it lasts.

Thank you @ChazzC and @verbotenwhisky for the suggestions.:)
Dasqua looks like your best alternative; I couldn’t find anyone offering 100mm dial. You may be able to find a good used one, but this is one item I want in my hands before buying.

Why not just go digital? What is the advantage of a dial caliper? (other than needing a battery one a year)

Back