What Did You Buy Today?

As long as the little bastards are inhabitants of deciduous woods. They taste pretty filthy if they're pine wood dwellers.

Either way they're a ball-ache to skin for not that much meat. I swear to God the skin is super-glued on!

Give me rabbit every day. Although, to be honest, I got hit by the "irrational sentimentality" bolt when I used to do a bit of pest control on a mate's small holding, so I stopped.

Given my field-craft, I don't suppose the rabbits were particularly bothered either way though.

Rabbit 1: Heard the news? Steve's given up the pest control lark.

Rabbit 2: Eh, we could hear him coming from the other side of the county. I'd be more worried about the landowners 11 year old daughter, and she's a vegetarian.

:grin:
The only time I do not eat squirrel is when they have been eating Bois d'arc Apples. As far as skinning them, that is an art unto it's self that my grandfather taught me, and the only real issue is keeping the fur off the meat.

Got this one as I want to try wet sand blasting. Will see how it goes. I have a smaller Yamaha gas powered that has actually been pretty good, but wanted something that would get things done a little quicker, and be able to strip rust an paint. Will take a look at the easy clean disk as it's time to pressure wash and reseal the cedar siding, thanks for the tip. Mike

If you haven't tried the easy clean disk yet, it's great, speeds up cleaning up concrete and the side of a building.. But I imagine you are using it for heavy equip..

I see a rotary table with a nice chuck mounted to it.
That would be a Hartford head , commonly known as a Super Spacer . :)

couple years ago, I bought a pair of used Criterion boring heads from a local. the small one takes 1/2" shank boring bars and the large one takes 3/4". I've used the small one many times, but hadn't needed the large one until the other day. needed to open a hole just over 3" dia and realized the only 3/4" shank boring bar I had was a longish one for the lathe and it wasn't gonna work in a boring head on the mill. I maxed out the small head and just got to the diameter I needed.

decided to get a couple of short ones so looked on ebay and found this NOS set for 100.00. didn't need 12 boring bars but what the hell, right?

the waxy corrosion protection was all dried out but did its job. cleaned it all off with acetone and then coated them all with BoeShield. now I have a lifetime supply of boring bars.

PXL_20240802_174536914.MP.jpgPXL_20240802_175311917.MP.jpgPXL_20240802_180611950.MP.jpg

I've shot scads of them, but they are seemingly infinite, so it does not accomplish the goal. These are round-tail ground squirrels, not silver-grays, so I've never considered eating them.

GsT
I understand, everybody talks about rabbits but I am not certain they have anything on squirrels.

In the part of the world I came from we'll eat almost anything except possum on the half shell A.K.A armadillos; although I would not go out of my way for Coon and Possum.

Hey, if your ever lost in the woods follow a squirrel, because sooner or later they will end up in the middle of a road.

I understand, everybody talks about rabbits but I am not certain they have anything on squirrels.

In the part of the world I came from we'll eat almost anything except possum on the half shell A.K.A armadillos; although I would not go out of my way for Coon and Possum.

Hey, if your ever lost in the woods follow a squirrel, because sooner or later they will end up in the middle of a road.

Leprosy and armadillos

Leprosy has been found amongst the nine banded armadillo population across the American continent, particularly in southern states of the USA and in South American countries.

In some places nine-banded armadillos are consumed as food and in some places they are kept as pets. There are instances where leprosy has been transmitted from armadillos to humans, particularly when the armadillo is eaten or is kept within the family home.

Back