What Did You Buy Today?

Inspired by BGHansen and his punch adventures I got this as part of one of my recent auction lots. Used it already to punch holes for riveting a fan duct togetherView attachment 498605View attachment 498606
I have the same tool, bought by my dad for building his airplane. Had to make some holes in signs recently and brought it out, it's a joy to behold and use.

John

Picked up my big Auction win. Paid $210 after auction fees and taxes. Only downside is I had to drive an hour to pick it all up.

The notable items
Starrett 196 indicators x3, two are complete one missing a couple bits.
Starrett 380 straight edge
Starrett Punch set
Starrett depth micrometer
Mitutoyo Telescopic gauges and micrometer set
Numerous feeler gauges and thread gauges

Plus other odds and ends what I don't need I'll end up selling.

But does anyone know what the these are in the second picture?

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpeg
    IMG_0659.jpeg
    928.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0660.jpeg
    IMG_0660.jpeg
    842.5 KB · Views: 41
Picked up and open box 4400psi, 4.2gpm commercial pressure washer for $575 less $25 coupon, regular $899. Mike
If you haven't tried the easy clean disk yet, it's great, speeds up cleaning up concrete and the side of a building.. But I imagine you are using it for heavy equip..

[QUOTE="Dyspnea, post: 1150751, member: 66570"
But does anyone know what the these are in the second picture?
[/QUOTE]

Look like bushing or rivet setting tools; based on the odd diameters probably custom made for specific project(s) use. One of them was whacked/pressed too hard.

I figured out what they are. Detroit Diesel injector height gauge.
Has the smoke cleared out ? Regina was 104 and full of smoke the end of last week when we went thru .

I originally thought they were roll pin installing punches.. but that doesn't sit well with me. no idea.

A .22 short will accomplish the same goal and score you a pot of squirrel stew which is also delicious.
I've shot scads of them, but they are seemingly infinite, so it does not accomplish the goal. These are round-tail ground squirrels, not silver-grays, so I've never considered eating them.

GsT

a pot of squirrel stew which is also delicious.

As long as the little bastards are inhabitants of deciduous woods. They taste pretty filthy if they're pine wood dwellers.

Either way they're a ball-ache to skin for not that much meat. I swear to God the skin is super-glued on!

Give me rabbit every day. Although, to be honest, I got hit by the "irrational sentimentality" bolt when I used to do a bit of pest control on a mate's small holding, so I stopped.

Given my field-craft, I don't suppose the rabbits were particularly bothered either way though.

Rabbit 1: Heard the news? Steve's given up the pest control lark.

Rabbit 2: Eh, we could hear him coming from the other side of the county. I'd be more worried about the landowners 11 year old daughter, and she's a vegetarian.

:grin:

Back