What Did You Buy Today?

Worlds cutest chainsaw!
a32ec549c4e4bd9ddb2c325b0e147f86.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

New fold out Towing mirrors for the 3500 and finally a cordless grease gun for tractors/ mowers etc. Lock and Lube 90* adapter should be here in the am.

Wow after greasing the backhoe wish i had bought one of these years ago. Was a pretty good deal on amazon day $69.99 'with coupon' two 21V 4ah batteries 6 oz /minute up to 12Kpsi also compatible with Makita batteries, 1 year warranty.

Gave up on waiting for Harbor freight to get the Hercules battery/chargers in stock.

Attachments

• PXL_20240724_004407205.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240724_004407205.MP.jpg
    611.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'll attach pics of the two common styles of follow rest...one bolts to the top of the saddle and straddles across it while the other bolts to the side of the saddle. Since they're mounted to the saddle they follow the cutter as it moves along the work to oppose cutting forces. A steady rest clamps to the ways and stays in one place so that you can work farther out from the chuck...think of it like a chuck extension so that the chuck is now farther away from the headstock.

Most of the Enco lathes seem to use the follow rest that bolts to the side of the saddle, like the white one below.
I went back and bought the other follow rests, but was honest with the seller and said they weren't for me so I didn't get quite as good a deal, but he was still very fair with me. I got some decent ballpark measurements but can get more accurate numbers in the next few days if someone is looking for one. I suspect these were for 12-13" lathes.

View attachment 497650

You are correct. Mine would bolt on like the white one. The holes are approximately 1 3/4" apart and 5/16 diameter x 18 tpi, not that it matters to much. Overall space between the ways is 2 3/4".

Did ya pay $50 or $500
well, the 84 morse taper bits were 60.00. the reamers were 3 bucks apiece for the 5 or 6 biggest ones, 2 bucks a piece for most of them and 1 dollar apiece for the small ones. the little box of set screws was 10 bucks. I think all told it was close to 400 bucks. I went there with 600 and got home with 200 and change. I need to keep myself from going back. both the fellow who passed and his buddy were machinists.

You are correct. Mine would bolt on like the white one. The holes are approximately 1 3/4" apart and 5/16 diameter x 18 tpi, not that it matters to much. Overall space between the ways is 2 3/4".
I'll send you a PM so we can talk dimensions rather than clutter up this thread.

Back