What Did You Buy Today?

A little buyers remorse, guy was selling this J@L PC-14, said it was going to scrap if it didn't sell for what I thought was a high price. Couple of days later after initial contact, he contacts me again, and I shoot him a lowball price, cause I don't need it, don't have room for it, just didn't want to see it scrapped. Well, now I own the darn thing, gotta pick it up tomorrow.452158964_2965876016903242_8138666296581499683_n.jpg

Got the enclosure I ordered for my mill. It is a Vevor 16”x20”x10” I found on sale for $72. It is a quality piece that’s comparable to a Hoffman or Rittal box.

View attachment 497928

Those Vevor electrical cabinets are excellent for the price. I have one on the side of my mill for the VFD and other assorted electrical goodies.

Found this Green Instruments Grinderfor 10$ at the Fryeburg Flea Market. Needed a new cord and some de-rusting. Only information I have found is it was/is and engraving company that made these to sharpen their engraving bits. The model 208 was able to do multiple lipped cutters.

Attachments

• grinder1.jpg
    grinder1.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 30
very nice. I like the micrometer for moving the tool being ground into and away from the grinding wheel. is this for sharpening milling cutters or drills, or something else?

Church Flea Market Finds (dropped off donations and was encouraged to do some early shopping):

20240726 Flea Mkt Finds.jpeg

Very nice wooden cigar box (50¢) that will eventually be used to store some kind of metrology, and a 1-1/2 lbs. SS commemorative (Morland Valve 25th Anniversary) anvil paperweight (75¢) that may see other use than applying gravity to papers.

A little buyers remorse, guy was selling this J@L PC-14, said it was going to scrap if it didn't sell for what I thought was a high price. Couple of days later after initial contact, he contacts me again, and I shoot him a lowball price, cause I don't need it, don't have room for it, just didn't want to see it scrapped. Well, now I own the darn thing, gotta pick it up tomorrow.View attachment 497908
Just a thought... LOL

very nice. I like the micrometer for moving the tool being ground into and away from the grinding wheel. is this for sharpening milling cutters or drills, or something else?

Guessing for hand gravers, for engraving bulino or bank note style metal plates, or engraving decoration on metal objects.
Guessing an old school version of something like this:

Back