What Did You Buy Today?

of course you have to thin it, not what I was talking about for additives. it's not good paint compared to good industrial enamels like SW. it is cheaper. I usually spray 2-part urethanes and sometimes base coat clear coat.
I think it does a great job. My southbend was painted with SW industrial enamel, and it did not last as long as all my other machines done with Rustoleum. And for much less.

I think it does a great job. My southbend was painted with SW industrial enamel, and it did not last as long as all my other machines done with Rustoleum. And for much less.
I usually thoroughly clean the surface then wipe it down with white vinegar (Phosphoric acid works well also) followed by a damp clean cloth and tack cloth right before applying paint.

my parts were given a boiling in TSP, then mineral spirits to prevent flash rusting. The tsp boil really did a great job removing the oils, and giving a nice tooth to the cast iron.

Bought my first welder(s). Won the millermatic 210 for $600 (so $750 all in) including a welding helmet, near full 11lb roll of wire and a massive extension cable. Then when I went to pick it up today the auction guy asked if I was interested in the little red one as the buyer had backed out. Sure, how much? $200!! Only needs a ground clamp, a flow regulator and a bottle of argon. Lincoln square wave 175 tig :)

So just a sniff under a grand for two decent welders, assuming they work that isIMG_3531.jpeg

Back