What Did You Buy Today?

just a qt of Rust oleum hammered silver. bought it at home depot. Rust oleum is crap paint, I used to never use it but figured out it needed 2 additives and now I like it.
I like Rustoleum, from quarts as well. They don't have the hammered in qts by me... nothing hammered right now.

edit: interesting, it shows that it can be shipped to store. last time I checked that wasn't available at all.

just a qt of Rust oleum hammered silver. bought it at home depot. Rust oleum is crap paint, I used to never use it but figured out it needed 2 additives and now I like it.
what 2 additives? I only use mineral spirits to thin it for spraying. I'm assuming you need a retarder being in FL (humid), so that it doesn't haze over?

straight Rust-Oleum doesn't spray well, and it's easily scratched. I add a little zylene to thin it, .5 oz of Penetrol Flood and .25 oz hardener to 4 oz of Rust-Oleum alkyd enamel. awesome.
Of course it doesn't spray straight. Nothing does. You always have to thin. I don't use Penetrol. I don't have a problem with scratching, it takes time to fully cure, all paints do. Even the catalyzed paints take time.

of course you have to thin it, not what I was talking about for additives. it's not good paint compared to good industrial enamels like SW. it is cheaper. I usually spray 2-part urethanes and sometimes base coat clear coat.

Back