What Did You Buy Today?

Must something in the air… our 18 month old fridge stopped working… kept tripping the breaker…

I had to drink all the beer left in the small fridge in the garage, to move things over. Not going to deal with this right now…
Great strategy! I just unplugged our fridge. Hopefully the wife will ask me to drink all the beer in the shop fridge.

Finally decided to buy some Ally specific inserts to try......

Well that certainly did not help.... Still dealing with string when turning ally, must be to do with the 6082 T6 I am turning :dunno:

Oh well.... time to try the custom HSS grind I was taught. I Just need to sort a piece of HSS first...

Well, not done yet. Water heater just dropped out!

I'm beginning to run out of four letter combinations...
I can send you my southern "Turn the Air Blue and Other Descriptive Plumbing Language dictionary" if you need additional expletives.

Well aware Ally is stringy and I don't mind that given it is how it turns, but 20 foot or longer lengths of string is neither fun, nor safe.
I will manually pause the feed for a second to break them smaller. Still a problem. For finishing passes, I just pull them off since they are much lighter cuts, and slower feeds.

Glad I could inspire you!

inspired by one of Discodan's pics on here, and by all the drill bits I bought :rolleyes:, I picked up a couple of old cast drill indexes from ebay. one for fractional and one for numbered. lightly touched the numbers and machined surfaces with fine steel wool to bring back the color. and sharpened all the fractional drills for good measure.

View attachment 494827

Another Sine Bar?

Somewhere in the last few weeks I saw a post showing a Kingmann White Mini-Sine bar(I've spent the last couple of days – not full time – searching for the post over the four Forums I belong to and can't find it). Anyway, I had to have one (I know, like many or all of us here I have an addiction), and thanks to eBay I now do:

Kingmann White Mini-Sine rfs.jpg
The tool cleaned up nicely and I figured out that the captive SHCS in the body locks the pivoting bar in place. The bottom of the body is V's and has a magnetic sandwiched in it so that you can use it on round stock.

And a bonus: in addition to the inspection certificate dated 1965, under the foam padding in the bottom of the box I found this:

Kingmann White Orig Invoice crop.jpg

And a bonus: in addition to the inspection certificate dated 1965, under the foam padding in the bottom of the box I found this:

Online: $29.50 in 1966 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $285.96 today.
Probably a very nice tool, even in it's day.

Back