What Did You Buy Today?

Minding my own business and another Miller Syncrowave 250 jumped into the back of my wife's truck! If you notice the sticker in the window, yes, my wife really drives a truck with a manual....she hates automatics :)

It was at a machine shop closing their doors (owner is in his early 80s), but two hours away, so I only put a lowball bid in on it....managed to win. I got there and the manager said "oh, we own the bottles, they go with it" which totally shocked me! It's not visible, but this is the TIGRunner setup with the Coolmate chiller mounted on the bottom (only way to roll in my opinion). These don't have the modern features like pulse and adjustable frequency, but I never doubt whether they're going to turn on when I flip the switch and I get results just as good as with all the bells and whistles (probably because I simply have more time with a Sync 250 than anything else).

Yes, there are multiple straps not visible keeping it secure, and the bottles were chained and strapped.

fullsizeoutput_641.jpeg

Minding my own business and another Miller Syncrowave 250 jumped into the back of my wife's truck! If you notice the sticker in the window, yes, my wife really drives a truck with a manual....she hates automatics :)

It was at a machine shop closing their doors (owner is in his early 80s), but two hours away, so I only put a lowball bid in on it....managed to win. I got there and the manager said "oh, we own the bottles, they go with it" which totally shocked me! It's not visible, but this is the TIGRunner setup with the Coolmate chiller mounted on the bottom (only way to roll in my opinion). These don't have the modern features like pulse and adjustable frequency, but I never doubt whether they're going to turn on when I flip the switch and I get results just as good as with all the bells and whistles (probably because I simply have more time with a Sync 250 than anything else).

Yes, there are multiple straps not visible keeping it secure, and the bottles were chained and strapped.

View attachment 494702
looks frickin new.

Nothing yet...But I sold the Mustang today.
Which means the tool budget just increased dramatically.
Not sure if I'm happy or sad about this turn of events...

View attachment 494702

I had my ‘03 F350 in for service last week A front desk person accidentally brought a stick shift F350 around for me. I wanted to take that stick shift home so bad I almost didn’t say anything………

looks frickin new.
It had some dried, rusty junk in a number of places...sort of like coolant and grinding dust or something. Other than that, it's quite nice. They were the original owner and still had all the original paperwork. I actually think it's the original torch since it exactly matches the torch paperwork I got with the manual, etc....crazy. It's a 1999 machine, so 25 years old, but Syncrowaves tend to run pretty much forever.

I pulled the wrapper and the inside is untouched, with almost no dust or dirt, so it sort of fits with the coolant/dust on the outside. I've already changed it to 230V, put a plug on it, run it on steel and aluminum and confirmed everything works. Now it'll get a good cleaning top to bottom.

So I had a surprise purchase. A new $400 piece of well pump drop wire and new well pump.

To be fair, I had the well pump on hand just in case, but the wire had to be bought after hours from a well supplier...

Now need to figure out if the pump was bad, or wire. If not do I save it for a spare, or just order another $1200 spare for the shelf?

This one has survived two pretty good lightning hits so far, so may be giving up.

So I had a surprise purchase. A new $400 piece of well pump drop wire and new well pump.
Let's add to this the AC quit too. Control board has blown inputs.
Thinking yet another lightning hit over the weekend.

Can we redo this week? It's only Tuesday, but I want to start over!

Back